Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
The point of Phobia Awareness Week is to highlight the difficulties that many people face in everyday situations. It is important to distinguish between a fear and a phobia. It's (1) ... usual for all of us to have our own peculiar fears, for example being anxious around snakes or nervous about flying.

1. very
2. absolutely
3. quite
4. truly

Why not 2 or 4?

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
The point of Phobia Awareness Week is to highlight the difficulties that many people face in everyday situations. It is important to distinguish between a fear and a phobia. It's (1) ... usual for all of us to have our own peculiar fears, for example being anxious around snakes or nervous about flying.

1. very
2. absolutely
3. quite
4. truly

Why not 2 or 4?

Those two words do not colocate naturally with "usual". I would choose #3 as the correct answer.

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

1. very
2. absolutely
3. quite
4. truly

Why not 2 or 4?

I don't like any of the choices; they all are unnatural for me. I would use "normal" or "common".

Status
Not open for further replies.