English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
South Africa
Current Location
Spain
Hi,

If anyone's interested in tutoring English in Spain (generally Madrid) for anywhere between 1 and 3 months, please contact me. You DON'T need to be qualified- but English must be your mother tongue.

The positions are UNPAID- you live with a Spanish family and receive board and lodging in return for 15 hours of tutoring per week. A great way to experience the culture, start learning Spanish and try out your teaching skills.

bizzielizzie

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Germany
Hi,

Yes I am interested in being a live-in English tutor, and have a lot of experience as an English trainer and degree in translation studies.

Best wishes,:-

LeighS

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
South Africa
Current Location
Spain
Hi, I've sent you an email - let me know if you don't get it.

aanthony

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Netherlands
I am very interested in being a home-stay tutor in Spain. My Spanish is pretty basic at the moment, although at one point I was at an intermediate level of proficiency.

I'm a recent graduate and would love to do some traveling and work on my Spanish.

Mar Rojo

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Ireland
Current Location
UK
Sounds nice for those who apply, but isn't it taking work away from qualified teachers?

RobjB

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Hey LeighS,

I know this was an old thread but perhaps there are still opportunities available.

My ex-girlfriend is from Mallorca and she is helping set me up training and coaching juniors at a local tennis club in Palma. I'm looking for a place to stay and saw this ad. I will be in Palma from 2nd August until November/December. I'm learning Spanish intensively right now but it is basic and will likely be basic conversational by the time i go to Mallorca. I did learn french at A-level so can use some of that knowledge to learn a little faster.

Living with a family appeals to me as i really want to integrate and learn the culture.

Thanks,
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.