Interested in Language
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Hi,
I would like to ask for correcting given text and putting some comments about structure etc.
Thanks in advance :up:
Michal

Have you ever had confusing situation?What do you think about this?

The World around us is not a perfect. Some situation when we are really mixed up, earlier or later come up. Often, confusing situation appear because of misunderstanding or lack of needed information. This happens not only because of malice, but mostly bad communication.

I experienced confusing situation. It was during the study. We had to choose one of many additional subject to enroll. We had points system, and we had to choose as many subject to reach prescribed amount of points. Each subject had it own place limit, so everyone rushed to enroll. I was taking into consideration mainly English language course. I was really happy and contented after I managed to enroll my chosen course.
Unfortunately my happiness was not taking long, because I found out we shouldn't enroll to subject which we chose during the previous semester. I had to change subject, unwillingly I moved to German language course. I was a little bit upset and disorganized. Then it turned out we could continue the same subject in the next semester, and the previous information was incorrect. I was really angry and confused, everything was unclear. Hopefully in the end I managed to change back to English course.

Whole situation cost me lots of nervous and time which I wasted. If the right information was given in the beginning there was no any problems and misunderstandings.

luschen

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi, I am not a teacher, but I can give some grammar and wording suggestions

Hi,
I would like to ask for correcting given text and putting some comments about structure etc.
Thanks in advance :up:
Michal

Have you ever had confusing situation?What do you think about this?

The [STRIKE]W[/STRIKE][w]orld around us is not [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] perfect. Some situation when we are really mixed up, earlier or later come up. [this sentence is unclear - I think you mean to say sooner or later, situations in which we are really mixed up will occur] Often, confusing situation [STRIKE]appear[/STRIKE][arise] because of misunderstanding or [a] lack of [STRIKE]needed[/STRIKE][necessary] information. This happens not only because of malice, but mostly [due to] bad communication.

I experienced [a] confusing situation. It was during the study[this is unclear - do you mean during school?]. We had to choose one of many additional subject [in which] to enroll. We had [a] points system[STRIKE],[/STRIKE] and we had to choose as many subject [needed] to reach [the] prescribed amount of points. Each subject had it own [STRIKE]place[/STRIKE][enrollment] limit, so everyone rushed to enroll. I was [STRIKE]taking into consideration[/STRIKE][considering] mainly English language course. I was really happy and content[STRIKE]ed[/STRIKE] after I managed to enroll [in]my chosen course.
Unfortunately my happiness was not [STRIKE]taking long[/STRIKE] [long lasting], because I found out we shouldn't enroll [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE][in a] subject which we [STRIKE]chose[/STRIKE][taken] during the previous semester. I had to change [my] subject, [new sentence]unwillingly[,] I [STRIKE]moved[/STRIKE][switched] to [a]German language course. I was a little bit upset and [felt] disorganized. Then it turned out [that] we could continue the same subject in the next semester, and [that] the previous information was incorrect. I was really angry and confused, everything was unclear. [STRIKE]Hopefully[/STRIKE][Thankfully, fortunately, luckily - hopefully is for something you hope to do in the future, not something you already did] in the end I managed to change back to [an] English course.

[This[ Whole situation cost me lots of [STRIKE]nervous[/STRIKE][stress] and [STRIKE]time which I wasted[/STRIKE][wasted time]. If the right information [STRIKE]was[/STRIKE][had been] given in the beginning there [STRIKE]was no[/STRIKE][would not have been] any problems and misunderstandings.

misiek_b

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Hi,

Some situation when we are really mixed up, earlier or later come up.
Silly mistake, definitely should be "sooner or later" :oops:

It was during the study.
Yep, I meant during school. Probably clearer would be "during studies"

Thanks a lot luschen for Your help :up:
Take care

Status
Not open for further replies.