Interested in Language
Native Language
Indonesian
Home Country
Indonesia
Current Location
Netherlands
Dear Teacher,

I would like to apply for a Master's programme in the Univ of Oxford. I would appreciate it If one can check my 1000 word statement of purpose for this master's programme.

Best wishes,
Hendy

The University of Oxford
December , 2012

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am Hendy XXXX applying to your Master in Integrated Immunology starting in October 2013. I have an excellent medical education and an extensive training in cancer research. My aim is to gain comprehensive and in-depth training in fundamental and clinical immunology from world’s leading immunologists at the University of Oxford as well as to have hands-on experience on research in cancer immunotherapy. This education will enable me to work innovatively on research in cancer immunotherapy for my doctoral. Therefore, this Master’s programme is an important step for my ambition to be an excellent scientist and entrepreneur in cancer immunotherapy.

Dedicated to relieve people’s sufferings, I was enrolled in the Faculty of Medicine University of Indonesia (FMUI). The curriculum was competence-based and student-centered with problem-based learning modules. I graduated with a Bachelor of Medical Sciences cum laude, top 5% with G.P.A. of 3.89/4.0. Then, I continued my education in the same faculty and gained a Medical Doctor degree. My first exposure to immunology was when I competed in the Indonesian Biology Olympiad where I won a silver medal. Moreover, I became interested in immunology when I took a pre-clinic module on Infection and Immunology where I scored A. I learned that the immune system was determinant for people’s health and there were more to discover in this field. Reflecting my interest in immunology, I took part in an international clinical immunology symposium 2007.
I was an active member of Student’s Scientific and Research Organization (SSRO) of FMUI, winning some of national-wide scientific competitions. I also published my works in two Indonesian medical journals. Due to these achievements, I was awarded as the most accomplished member of SSRO in 2009 and was awarded by the University of Indonesia.

Besides scientific affairs, I was an active member of International Federation of Medical Student’s Association organizing international students’ exchange, an Asian-wide conference and some national-wide medical student’s competitions. Moreover, I was involved in some charity programs both as organizer and medical volunteer. I was also a choirboy and soloist in the Church choir and became a tutor of advanced biology for the high school Biology Olympiad Team. My leadership potential, social devotion and academic excellence were awarded a Goldman Sachs’ Global Leader award 2007 by the Goldman Sachs’ Foundation and International Education Foundation-New York.
During my clinical rotation, I witnessed that cancer caused great sufferings to the patients and their family. Furthermore, this experience became even more personal when my beloved grandmother passed away due to liver cancer. These experiences made me determined to be in the league to fight cancer through my talent: scientific research.

With this spirit and academic excellence, I won a prestigious Utrecht Excellence Scholarship to take a research-based Prestige Master’s program in Cancer Genomics and Developmental Biology at Utrecht University. Besides taking nine advanced courses in cancer, genomics, proteomics, and developmental biology, I took three internships which accounted for a total of 17 months of laboratory work. These internships covered the fields of protein signaling pathway, gene expression, and biophysics. I got A, top 5% student with publishable results from all the research projects, demonstrating my ambition, capability in doing cutting edge research and eagerness to learn. I graduated with a maximum G.P.A. of 4.00.

In the Master’s study, I learned that cancer interacts with immune system intricately. On the one hand, inflammation promotes oncogenesis; on the other hand, immune system provides barriers to malignancy. Unfortunately, cancer cell can evade immunosurveillance in many ways. To study the intricate crosstalks between cancer and immune system will be beneficial in empowering immune system to fight back against cancer. Believing in the promise of cancer immunotherapy, I have established my scientific vision: “to engineer immune system to combat cancer”. This vision is a marriage of my interests in cancer, immunology, and technology.

To start realizing my scientific vision, I wrote my thesis about methods to target dendritic cells in vivo for cancer immunotherapy. In addition, I was selected to undertake a two month internship project on immunological tolerance at the German Cancer Research Center in Heidelberg where I learned immunology-related techniques. In January 2013, I will work on a project in viral vector as a DNA delivery system for vaccination at Leiden University Medical Center.

To fulfill my vision, I feel the need to have a comprehensive and in-depth training in fundamental and clinical immunology. This will enable me to work innovatively in the field of cancer immunotherapy. I find that the Master in Integrated Immunology at the University of Oxford fits my ambition. Oxford University is a world leading institution in immunology. By maintaining excellence for almost a millennium, Oxford University has shaped the world as it is today and keeps on innovating for the betterment of humankind. To get a transformative education from this prestigious university will be an honor to me. Not only that I want to excel in the Master’s programme, but I also want to participate in college/university activities given my talent and interests in choral singing, nature, and humanity. Furthermore, the network which I will build with Oxford’s professors, fellow students, and college community will be beneficial for my future career.

Furthermore, some of the most respected experts in cancer immunotherapy like Professor XXXX and Professor XXXXX are affiliated with the university. I am eager to do my 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] term project in one of their laboratories, and hopefully to do my doctoral thesis there as well. The Master’s programme will inspire me to fulfill my scientific vision.

Given my past history of commitment to excellence, I am confident that I will bring a high level of energy and enthusiasm to your programme. In addition, my international background and multidisciplinary education will add more diversity to your program. My ambition, openness, educational background, talents, and clear vision will be keys for the success of me completing this programme.

Thank you for considering my application, and I look forward to your acceptance.

Sincerely yours,
XXXXX

untitle

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Dear Teacher,

I would like to apply for a Master's programme in the Univ of Oxford. I would appreciate it If one can check my 1000 word statement of purpose for this master's programme.

Best wishes,
Hendy

The University of Oxford
December , 2012

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am Hendy XXXX applying to your Master in Integrated Immunology starting in October 2013. I have an excellent medical education and an extensive training in cancer research. My aim is to gain comprehensive and in-depth training in fundamental and clinical immunology from world’s leading immunologists at the University of Oxford as well as to have hands-on experience on research in cancer immunotherapy. This education will enable me to work innovatively on research in cancer immunotherapy for my doctoral. Therefore, this Master’s programme is an important step for my ambition to be an excellent scientist and entrepreneur in cancer immunotherapy.

Dedicated to relieve people’s sufferings, I was enrolled in the Faculty of Medicine University of Indonesia (FMUI). The curriculum was competence-based and student-centered with problem-based learning modules. I graduated with a Bachelor of Medical Sciences cum laude, top 5% with G.P.A. of 3.89/4.0. Then, I continued my education in the same faculty and gained a Medical Doctor degree. My first exposure to immunology was when I competed in the Indonesian Biology Olympiad where I won a silver medal. Moreover, I became interested in immunology when I took a pre-clinic module on Infection and Immunology where I scored A. I learned that the immune system was determinant for people’s health and there were more to discover in this field. Reflecting my interest in immunology, I took part in an international clinical immunology symposium 2007.
I was an active member of Student’s Scientific and Research Organization (SSRO) of FMUI, winning some of national-wide scientific competitions. I also published my works in two Indonesian medical journals. Due to these achievements, I was awarded as the most accomplished member of SSRO in 2009 and was awarded by the University of Indonesia.

Besides scientific affairs, I was an active member of International Federation of Medical Student’s Association organizing international students’ exchange, an Asian-wide conference and some national-wide medical student’s competitions. Moreover, I was involved in some charity programs both as organizer and medical volunteer. I was also a choirboy and soloist in the Church choir and became a tutor of advanced biology for the high school Biology Olympiad Team. My leadership potential, social devotion and academic excellence were awarded a Goldman Sachs’ Global Leader award 2007 by the Goldman Sachs’ Foundation and International Education Foundation-New York.
During my clinical rotation, I witnessed that cancer caused great sufferings to the patients and their family. Furthermore, this experience became even more personal when my beloved grandmother passed away due to liver cancer. These experiences made me determined to be in the league to fight cancer through my talent: scientific research.

With this spirit and academic excellence, I won a prestigious Utrecht Excellence Scholarship to take a research-based Prestige Master’s program in Cancer Genomics and Developmental Biology at Utrecht University. Besides taking nine advanced courses in cancer, genomics, proteomics, and developmental biology, I took three internships which accounted for a total of 17 months of laboratory work. These internships covered the fields of protein signaling pathway, gene expression, and biophysics. I got A, top 5% student with publishable results from all the research projects, demonstrating my ambition, capability in doing cutting edge research and eagerness to learn. I graduated with a maximum G.P.A. of 4.00.

In the Master’s study, I learned that cancer interacts with immune system intricately. On the one hand, inflammation promotes oncogenesis; on the other hand, immune system provides barriers to malignancy. Unfortunately, cancer cell can evade immunosurveillance in many ways. To study the intricate crosstalks between cancer and immune system will be beneficial in empowering immune system to fight back against cancer. Believing in the promise of cancer immunotherapy, I have established my scientific vision: “to engineer immune system to combat cancer”. This vision is a marriage of my interests in cancer, immunology, and technology.

To start realizing my scientific vision, I wrote my thesis about methods to target dendritic cells in vivo for cancer immunotherapy. In addition, I was selected to undertake a two month internship project on immunological tolerance at the German Cancer Research Center in Heidelberg where I learned immunology-related techniques. In January 2013, I will work on a project in viral vector as a DNA delivery system for vaccination at Leiden University Medical Center.

To fulfill my vision, I feel the need to have a comprehensive and in-depth training in fundamental and clinical immunology. This will enable me to work innovatively in the field of cancer immunotherapy. I find that the Master in Integrated Immunology at the University of Oxford fits my ambition. Oxford University is a world leading institution in immunology. By maintaining excellence for almost a millennium, Oxford University has shaped the world as it is today and keeps on innovating for the betterment of humankind. To get a transformative education from this prestigious university will be an honor to me. Not only that I want to excel in the Master’s programme, but I also want to participate in college/university activities given my talent and interests in choral singing, nature, and humanity. Furthermore, the network which I will build with Oxford’s professors, fellow students, and college community will be beneficial for my future career.

Furthermore, some of the most respected experts in cancer immunotherapy like Professor XXXX and Professor XXXXX are affiliated with the university. I am eager to do my 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] term project in one of their laboratories, and hopefully to do my doctoral thesis there as well. The Master’s programme will inspire me to fulfill my scientific vision.

Given my past history of commitment to excellence, I am confident that I will bring a high level of energy and enthusiasm to your programme. In addition, my international background and multidisciplinary education will add more diversity to your program. My ambition, openness, educational background, talents, and clear vision will be keys for the success of me completing this programme.

Thank you for considering my application, and I look forward to your acceptance.

Sincerely yours,
XXXXX

Check this out and adjust your SOP accordingly
[h=2]How to write a good Statement of Purpose(SOP)[/h]by italos on urch.com economics phd forum

[h=2][/h]

Status
Not open for further replies.