Home Country
South Africa
Current Location
South Africa
the topic is - compare Romeo's love with rosaline to romeo and juliets love

350 word- 400 MAX

edit or change please

Romeo and Juliets love Vs romeos love for rosaline

In the opening scene of Romeo and Juliet Romeo is lovesick. He is in love with a girl named Rosaline. Rosaline does not love Romeo back. This is an example of the immature and superficial love Romeo has for Rosaline. Not only is this love for Rosaline superficial Romeo's love for Rosaline is unrequited. He loves her but she does not love him. Romeo does not tell her that he loves her. Romeo's words for his love for Rosaline are very insincere and he discusses his love for Rosaline using sad language "In sadness, cousin, I love a woman." Romeo describes his love for Rosaline in a series of paradoxes "O brawling love, O loving hate" this shows he is confused and upset, I believe Romeo jas an imature obsession with rosalin, he is inlove with the idea of being inlove, he has never met rosaline therefore his love for her is only skin deep

The love romeo and juliet share for eachother is true love
it is love at first sight In a very poetic verse Romeo expresses his feeling for Juliet saying she is beautiful “Beauty too rich for use.” Romeo idolizes Juliet and truly loves her. Unlike Romeo immature obsession with Rosaline, Juliet also returns this love to Romeo when she says, “Which is the god of my idolatry, And I’ll believe in thee.” It is profound and real. It is beautiful "But soft! What light through yonder window breaks? / It is the east, and Juliet is the sun!" Here Romeo describes his love in a soliloquy. He describes Juliet as the sun and Rosaline as the envious moon "Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon.” this shows that he loved juliet much more than he love rosaline

Their love for each other is nothing short of a fairytale love. It symbloizes everything that love should be, romantic, passionate and and unselfish, Romeo and Juliet’s love for each other was so strong that neither could go on without the other in their life and in the end they make the ultimate sacrifices for each other, their own lives..

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Welcome to Using English..

Generally, we help you after you've submitted your essay if you don't understand comments by your teacher, etc. Your teacher needs to see what you can do on your own.

That said:
Your capitalization is very spotty.
The first paragraph is VERY redundant. It feels to me (and will no doubt feel to your teacher) that you are trying to fill in words to get to your word count.
You need a thesis sentence -- a sumary of what you're going to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.