Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
if you fell madly in love with someone and decide to get married, would you do it if your parents did not agree with your choice? How would this choice to get married or not affect you self-esteem?
i will do what i can to persuade my parents to accept my boyfriend and give their best wishes ,although it seems hard to make it in the beginning .But as the saying goes ,where there is a will there's a way .and i think the way is just to sit around the table and have a talk with them heart to heart.

the key point is that they are not aware of my love with my boyfriend which is so deep that i would rather lost everything to protect it than give it up .besides ,they love me .they hope me have a happy family which needs a good man judged by their own values .that's why they go against my choice .

in terms of these ,i will explain what i think to them calmly .i am a girl who just looks on love as the most important part of my life .based on this ,if i determine to marry someone ,nothing's going to change my choice .and i will emphasize that i can feel their love and i am so thankful for their bringing me up ,so without their wishes i would not feel happy .what's more ,it is necessary to let them know that my boyfriend may be not that bad as they think .to be frank ,if things go out of control ,i will still stick to my choice .time will prove that my choice is right and make my parents let go and give me wishes finally .

on the other hand ,if i succeed in persuading my parents ,i will feel proud of myself .it will be a symbol of my growing up to make this choice .on the contrary ,if i fail to get my parents' wishes or even cannot marry my boyfriend for some reason unpredictable ,my life will be covered by dark clouds for a long time i guess .my self-esteem will be hurt inside out which may take a long long time to be cured .in the long run ,my parents would not like that ,so i stick to my choice .

xinRyan

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
can someone give me some advice of my writing?

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
We are a language discussion forum and not a free proofreading service. Someone may look at your writing, but there are no guarantees and please be patient- posting ten minutes after the original post is not going to encourage anyone to look at it.

xinRyan

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Thank you for your advices.I will pay attention next time.
But here,I have another question.Can you tell by my writing that i am an English learner?
if you can ,then how can I write like a native English speaker?How can I learn to think and talk like an English speaker?No one would like the readers to feel like that his writing is Chinese English or something else.I think it is also very important for understanding those article written by native speaker.If you are an English teacher,thinking about this may have some good to your teaching.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.