Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
Congo
Current Location
Congo
Please, I like some corrections and remark about this text.

"About my morning...
My morning was good. I got up early in the morning, I went to church to pray GOD. After that, I went to work at twenty minutes past seven. My co-warkers arrived few minutes after me. When he came, i told me that our team will have a meeting with the new manager of the company at 9:30 am. Nobody knew the agenda, nobody knew what the general manager wanted to tell us. When we arrived in the meeting room, the general manager meet and great us. After meet and great, the general manager ask us to introduce ourselvesc alternately.
In general, my morning was good"

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum, Lessik. :hi:

What is the purpose of your text? What are you going to do with it?

Lessik

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
Congo
Current Location
Congo
Thank you for you answer....
I am here beacause I want to improve my english.
I don't have anything to do with this text. it was just to test my aptitudes of talking about what i did.
I didn't get a good job because of english, then i want to improve this language and i hope that this forum will help me.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
A good way to improve your written English is to remember that we always capitalise the word "I" and all proper nouns (ie English).

februar

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
German
Home Country
Switzerland
Current Location
Switzerland
Please, I like some corrections and remark about this text.

1. About my day

Please, I’d like some corrections and remarks about this text.

"About my morning...
My morning was good. I got up early in the morning. I went to church to pray to GOD. After that, I went to work at twenty minutes past seven. My co-worker[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] arrived a few minutes after me. When he came, he told me that our team will have a meeting with the new manager of the company at 9:30 am. Nobody knew the agenda, nobody knew what the general manager wanted to tell us. When we arrived at the meeting room, the general manager met and greeted us. After the greeting, the general manager asked us to introduce ourselves[STRIKE]c[/STRIKE] alternately.
In general, my morning was good"

februar
not a teacher

Last edited by a moderator:

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Please, I would like some corrections and remarks about this text.

"About my morning:

My morning was good. I got up early. I went to church to pray to God. After that, I went to work at twenty minutes past seven. My co-workers arrived a few minutes after me. When he [Who? Your boss?] came, he told me that our team would have a meeting with the new manager of the company at 9:30 a.m. Nobody knew the agenda, and nobody knew what the general manager wanted to tell us. When we arrived at the meeting room, the general manager met and greeted us. After the meet-and-greet, the general manager asked us to introduce ourselves [STRIKE]alternately[/STRIKE] [Alternately makes no sense].
[STRIKE]In general, my morning was good.[/STRIKE] [You don't need to repeat your first sentence.]

Meet-and-greet is an American expression. I don't know if it's used in other places. Let's see what others say.

Bloomsbury

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Yes, meet and greet wouldn't usually be used in UK English. We'd say "After the meeting".

Instead of "alternately", you'd probably want to say "in turn" or "individually".

Status
Not open for further replies.