Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Indonesian
Home Country
Indonesia
Current Location
Indonesia
I am Dita, i from Indonesia, i need help someone to check my project outline for any grammar, structure or spelling mistakes.
Thank you very much.

PROJECT OUTLINE
Project Title
School Inside, Think Outside

Background
English is a world language. It is used in all aspects of life, not only in speaking but also in writing a brand of a product. Nowadays, English is written in every corner of street, hospitals and other public places. It means that English is getting wider in its use in this era.
However, the skill of using English for everyday life is still low especially for students in some schools in my area. It has basic reason for this circumstance; it is vocabulary mastery. A language will not develop in someone’s life if s/he has lack of vocabulary whatever the language is. Also, comprehending the language in a written way is not enough because we need to practice how to use it for communicating with other people. As medium for communication, then English is important to be understood in 4 skills; listening, speaking, reading, and writing. It is the core problem in youths, in this case students, as the next generation of this country.
Learning English in school time is not enough for encouraging them to use English well in 4 skills. They need additional activities, time, and also much chance to explore their ability in using English. They must be helped to omit shy and nervous feeling. They must be encouraged to practice using English in everyday life without hesitancy. All must be done because the change of era claims them to open their mind for all aspects of life.
Then, why should they master English? We all have known that English is used in world communication. English is used in articles, newspapers, posters, and many things. Many important news from countries are written in English. Meanwhile, we must look for information from many countries in the world. Knowing other countries’ development is important to see what the technology is used at there, what problem happens at there, and many things.
Those reasons encourage me to plan the teaching of English in an private Islamic school, in order to make students realize that English is important to have and master. They live in rural but they must have broad thinking outside. They must know every change happens in the world as their provision to be brilliant youth for the district, province, country and world.

Project Goals
This project has purposes as follows:

1. To encourage students in mastering English and using English in every chance
  2. To open students’ mind about the important of knowing other countries’ development as the reference
  3. To invite local government in technology awareness for schools

Project Overview and Description
The name is the project is School inside Think outside, it is the teaching English project in a school. The name of the project is taken based on some reasons, such as students in rural area must have broader thinking of out of their area, or in other word, the students who live in rural area should not be narrow minded. The correlation between thinking outside and English is that by comprehending English in 4 skills, the students can understand national and international news come from various area and country. They must know every change in the world, and usually the world news is written in English.
Then, the students are familiar with social media, like facebook and instagram, which in those social media there are much text written in English, and they also can mingle with many people from many areas and countries. One of requirement to communicate with foreign people is using English.
Thus, the project will give good impact for the students, like they can break their mind of learning English, which as long as they learn in school is only for fulfilling academic duty.

Stakeholder
This project will corporate with the Islamic school in Simpang Perlang, Koba

Resources and Material Needed
This project’s resources are the book of English teaching and learning, pictures, cards, English teaching websites. The material in teaching can be word cards, and other supporting things for teaching.

Project Challenge
The challenge in implementing this project is to encourage low motivation students to join English activity after school time, and break their difficult thinking of learning English.

Timeframe
The project will be divided into 3 phases; planning, implementation, and evaluation. The time details are as follow:

• Planning : October 2016
  • Implementation : Januari 2017
  • Evaluation : July 2017

Others
This project will take teaching English for junior high school students in an Islamic school namely MTs Al Muhajirin Koba. The teaching will be held in every two days a week, one for the girls, and one for the boys.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
This is very long. However, I can take it on as a project. I will need you to respond every time I post something.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Perhaps:

Nowadays English is used everywhere to promote brands and to promote products.

(The two things are not the same.)

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Perhaps:

English is spreading. More and more people use it every day.

You should combine the first two paragraphs. Or separate them. (The way it is it looks like you couldn't make up your mind.) In any case, make no more edits to the original post.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
English is a world language. It is used in all aspects of life, not only in speaking but also in writing a brand of a product.
You start off with a general statement and suddenly zoomed into a "brand of product", which I find a bit out of place.

Nowadays, English is written in every corner of street, hospitals and other public places.
Not really. There are countries where English is used very little e.g. Japan, Korea, China, Thailand, Indonesia.

It means that English is [STRIKE]getting wider in its use [/STRIKE]
more widely used [STRIKE]in this era[/STRIKE] today.

However, the skill of using (standard of) English [STRIKE]for [/STRIKE] used in everyday life is still low, especially for students in some schools in my area. [STRIKE]It has[/STRIKE] The basic reason for this [STRIKE]circumstance; it is vocabulary mastery[/STRIKE] is the mastery of vocabulary.
I do not think the standard/level of English in a country is low because of vocabulary learning. Vocabulary is only part of learning a language. It is more important to be able to use a language correctly.
I think the main factors which impede the learning of a language are: the language is new to the country and is not used widely. Learners of the language do not get the exposure to the language, which is important in learning a language. There are not enough teachers who are competent to teach the language.

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
An Indonesian on Facebook told me that English is an Indonesian language. (I didn't see the point of us being Facebook friends if he couldn't read my posts, so I asked him what languages he speaks, and he said, "Indonesian languages".)

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
On Facebook you might see something in another language and an English word is thrown in every once in a while. I don't know the other words though, so I don't really know what they're saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.