Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Hello to all!
I am new at this forum, a friend of mine suggested to me. I am about to apply for a scholarship, for this, I need a letter of motivation. I tried to write this letter, but I got a reply that it contains errors from my supervisor. I've tried to minimize those errors. But I am not confident there may be some grammatical errors.
Important note: I am not a native English speaker.
Thank you in advance.

Dear Sir or Madam:
I was very glad when I saw this scholarship opportunity and with this letter, I would like to express my gratitude to the #### scholarship council for this program. I am a graduate of a #### holding an MS degree in mathematics.
Since I have a quite strong academic background in mathematics I believe that the PhD in mathematics perfectly suits my profile and career prospects. My ultimate goal is to work with research-based groups in applied mathematics sector as well as in local universities to improve research and human resource capacity building through training.
Due to my financial situation, I was able to continue my studies in my country, since I am not in a position to finance my studies. Therefore, I will be very grateful to be provided with a scholarship to improve my education and incent my career prospects. Knowledge gained on the studies at the #### I plan to transfer to my home country, where I intend to work in the public sector or at the University.
This scholarship opportunity I perceive as an extraordinary opportunity to interact with students and scholars from diverse professional and cultural backgrounds coming from all the World. This type of networking is very important for the integration of different ideas and perspectives about diverse global issues.
In the end, I would like to point out that I am determined to make the most out of this scholarship program. I believe that being a student in your department would not only empower my career development but would give me the framework to utilize my full potentials. Moreover, I feel that as a doctoral student at one of your Universities, I can benefit from the numerous challenging career opportunities.
Once again I am grateful for considering my application and I look forward to a favorable reply.
Sincerely,

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I'm only seeing this now. Do you still need help with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.