Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
I need some stories or passages. but they should be easy level. for beginners. if somebody has these kinds of documents , can he-she send me by e-mail.

or copy an url for me.

I couldn't find suitable ones although I have been searching it.

example :

https://listenaminute.com/ this is my favourite.

or a story like this ;

This is the story of a kind and beautiful girl. She lived with her father and mother. They were very happy. Then one day, her mother died. She was very sad. A year later, her father married again. The girl's new stepmother was very unkind. She had two daughters. They wore beautiful clothes, but they were not beautiful or kind. The girl's new stepsisters were very unkind. The two stepsisters were jealous of the beautiful girl. They took the girl's beautiful clothes and gave her an old dress. "You can do all the housework now," they said. The girl washed the floors. She made the beds and she cooked the meals. In the evenings, she sat by the fire in the kitchen. The cinders from the fire made her feet and dress dirty. And so the stepsisters called her Cinderella. Cinderella was very unhappy. One day, a man from the palace came to the house with an invitation. The invitation said, "The king and queen are having a party at the palace on Saturday .......

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I need some stories or passages (no full stop here) but they should be an easy level (no full stop here) for beginners. If somebody has these kinds of documents, [STRIKE]can[/STRIKE] could [STRIKE]he-she[/STRIKE] you send them to me by e-mail(Note that we do not allow users to post email addresses on this forum) or [STRIKE]copy[/STRIKE] post [STRIKE]an[/STRIKE] a url for me?

I [STRIKE]couldn't[/STRIKE] haven't been able to find any suitable ones although I have been searching [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] for them.

For example:

https://listenaminute.com/

This is my favourite.

[STRIKE]or[/STRIKE] Alternatively, something like this [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] story: [STRIKE]like this ;[/STRIKE]

This is the story of a kind and beautiful girl. She lived with her father and mother. They were very happy. Then one day, her mother died. She was very sad. A year later, her father married again. The girl's new stepmother was very unkind. She had two daughters. They wore beautiful clothes, but they were not beautiful or kind. The girl's new stepsisters were very unkind. The two stepsisters were jealous of the beautiful girl. They took the girl's beautiful clothes and gave her an old dress. "You can do all the housework now", they said. The girl washed the floors. She made the beds and she cooked the meals. In the evenings, she sat by the fire in the kitchen. The cinders from the fire made her feet and dress dirty (no full stop here) [STRIKE]And[/STRIKE] so the stepsisters called her Cinderella. Cinderella was very unhappy. One day, a man from the palace came to the house with an invitation. The invitation said, "The king and queen are having a party at the palace on Saturday ..."

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

First, please see my corrections above. You are an English teacher so it's important that everything you write is correct because learners on this forum will assume that that is the case.

Have you looked at English Banana? They have great stuff for all levels.

kisop37

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Thank you. I will try it.

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

First, please see my corrections above. You are an English teacher so it's important that everything you write is correct because learners on this forum will assume that that is the case.

Have you looked at English Banana? They have great stuff for all levels.

I GENERALLY DON'T CARE IT NOT ONLY FOR ENGLISH BUT ALSO FOR MY NATIVE LANGUAGE. INDEED I MUST DO IT. YOU ARE RIGHT.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Re: Thank you. I will try it.

I GENERALLY DON'T CARE IT NOT ONLY FOR ENGLISH BUT ALSO FOR MY NATIVE LANGUAGE. INDEED I MUST DO IT. YOU ARE RIGHT.

Please don't write everything in capital letters. It's the online equivalent of shouting.

I don't understand the part above, marked in red. Can you explain it in a different way?

kisop37

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey

Sorry I didn't know that.( capital letters)

I mean I never pay attention to grammatical rules. Even in my native language. It is not my business to teach grammatical rules here. If somebody wants to learn english , he should buy a grammar book , not read my comments and learn it. Here I only demand some passages or stories. I want to give you an example. If I want to learn one's name I say : " name ? " and I learn it but if I am teaching english grammatical rules I say " what is your name ?" and I wait for the answer " My name is ......"
In summary indeed you are right we should always take care grammatical rules but you should know that in communication it is important to give your emotions. When you go out , all people speak English but only a few use it correctly.

Thank you for correcting my mistakes. To speak errorless you need to live in a foreign language. If you have four English lessons a week , it is difficult to use everything perfect.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

I am quite certain that when I wrote post #2, your member info showed "English teacher". That's why I pointed out that it's important for English teachers to use correct, grammatical English at all times on the forum. I see that your member info now says "Interested in Language" so I assume you are a learner. Nonetheless, on this forum, you are expected to use correct spelling, capitalisation and punctuation. We will then correct your grammar and construction.

Status
Not open for further replies.