[Essay] coursework in for tomorrow, eeek!

• Thread starter Natasha.E
  • Start date
  • Views : 1,830
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Natasha.E

i need the essay plan to 'A Christmas Carol'
the essay question was something on the lines of 'in A Christmas Carol' how does Dickens represent character and....(something else)in a Victorian London?'
I am in need of DESPERATE help!

Natasha.e

Member Type
Student or Learner
There is no such thing as an "essay plan". You have to find out exactly what your assignment is - "something else", doesn't work.

1. Read the entire story
2. Take notes on how the author describes each character

Once you have found out what your assignment is, post your questions here.

Okay so an 'coursework guide'
and, I know the story inside out, I'm not aware of what the actual assignment is. I'm trying to look for the coursework guide on google, but I've been unsuccessful each time.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Okay so a 'coursework guide'
and I know the story inside out. I'm not aware of what the actual assignment is. I'm trying to look for the coursework guide on google, but I've been unsuccessful each time.
If you have to do this coursework, how is it that you don't know what the assignment is?

Natasha.e

Member Type
Student or Learner
If you have to do this coursework, how is it that you don't know what the assignment is?

Because I'm on holiday and forgot the guide, which was rather stupid of me.
I've just posted my question on facebook, and have received the actual essay question-'How does Charles Dickens portray character and setting in A Christmas Carol to support his version of Victorian London?' I now have the question, but still don't have the guide, in which i will need, so that i know the set out of my coursework.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Because I'm on holiday and forgot the guide, which was rather stupid of me.
I've just posted my question on facebook, and have received the actual essay question-'How does Charles Dickens portray character and setting in A Christmas Carol to support his version of Victorian London?' I now have the question, but still don't have the guide, in which i will need, so that i know the set out of my coursework.
If this is GCSE coursework, you have left it a little late, your deadline must be very soon. If you know the novel "inside out" as you say you do, you should be capable of an analysis of the question. I don't have a copy of the novel to hand, but think about the characters in the story; what are their situations? What are their attitudes? What are their living conditions? Do you think that Dickens' portrayal of Victorian London is realistic?

Last edited:

Natasha.e

Member Type
Student or Learner
If this is GCSE coursework, you have left it a little late, your deadline must be very soon. If you know the novel "inside out" as you say you do, you should be capable of an analysis of the question. I don't have a copy of the novel to hand but think about the characters in the story, what are their situations? What are their attitudes? What are their living conditions? Do you think that Dickens' portrayal of Victorian London is realistic?

Thank you!
I know have the coursework guide and am very nearly finished.
it is GCSE coursework and I need to send it to my teacher this evening.
thank you very much for your support.:) :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.