[General] What is the word Celine Dion pronounced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

khanhhung2512

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
I'd like to know what the word Celine Dion pronouced in 1:08. As I saw in the lyrics, it is: "I believe that the heart does go on", but as I listened, the word is more similar to "but" than "that".
Could anyone help me?
Thanks!
Sorry I can't post link, you can search in youtube with keyword "'Titanic' Theme Song" (This is official video of Celine Dion) (watch?v=saalGKY7ifU)

SanMar

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
I'd like to know what the word Celine Dion pronouced in 1:08. As I saw in the lyrics, it is: "I believe that the heart does go on", but as I listened, the word is more similar to "but" than "that".
Could anyone help me?
Thanks!
Sorry I can't post link, you can search in youtube with keyword "'Titanic' Theme Song" (This is official video of Celine Dion) (watch?v=saalGKY7ifU)

I'm pretty sure it is that.

Not a teacher.
:)

khanhhung2512

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
There are two sentences "I believe that the heart does go on". In the second sentence, I sure it is "that", but in the first sentence, the word is pronounced very strongly, more like a stop consonant than a fricative consonant.

birdeen's call

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
There are two sentences "I believe that the heart does go on". In the second sentence, I sure it is "that", but in the first sentence, the word is pronounced very strongly, more like a stop consonant than a fricative consonant.
She may very well use the stop consonant [d] in "that". Many people do that.

SanMar

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
She may very well use the stop consonant [d] in "that". Many people do that.

She also has a pretty strong Quebecois accent so her "that" sounds more like how Birdeen's Call described. I think many non-native English speakers pronounce the [d] when they say: that, this, the ect., usually it is easily understood, but in song it may be more challenging.

Not a teacher.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.