Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Teachers\members: Need your expertise!

There has been a slight modification in the strike emails. The templates has been modified to achieve better results and I would want everyone to use it effectively. Any one not using it properly would be considered as a sign of negligence or lack of discipline.

Please tell me if the above sentence is correct. Also, is there a better way\phrase to say the highlighted words.

Thank you for your help in advance:up:

PS: I want to make this as a strict message.

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Someone please help me!

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi 2010,
I just finished posting another post in the business English thread. This ties back into the culture.

A couple questions: What is a strike e-mail?
Are you in authority over the people you are writing to?

But here is the culture question: Is it common in your company to tell people you consider them negligent and lacking in discipline?

In my company, this would be very insulting, for example. If you introduce a new tool and tell us that its use is required, we don't need to be told that you will consider us negligent slackers if we don't do it. We would assume that YOU would assume that if you told us to use it, we would, without needing threats. However, that is my company. I don't know how it is in yours.

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Oh, and if the difference is slight, it might be worth pointing out what the difference is and how they can be sure they are using the new format. If they are very similar, it might not be easy to tell.

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Hi 2010,
I just finished posting another post in the business English thread. This ties back into the culture.

But here is the culture question: Is it common in your company to tell people you consider them negligent and lacking in discipline?

In my company, this would be very insulting, for example. If you introduce a new tool and tell us that its use is required, we don't need to be told that you will consider us negligent slackers if we don't do it. We would assume that YOU would assume that if you told us to use it, we would, without needing threats. However, that is my company. I don't know how it is in yours.

If the customer does not respond to an e-mail, we send a followup email to check if the customer has performed the action that was suggested.
Yes.

This is very important as we are losing customers who does not reply. So, I want to tell those who send emails to the customer that this is something very serious. That's why made it a little tough. If there is a better way to emphasize the importance of my message, please advice me. Yes, I will also be educating them on what wasn't there before is there now.

Last edited:

euncu

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
India

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Okay, so just to be sure I get this

You have some sort of customer contact. There has been a problem of some sort, I think? And you say to the customer "Try A, B, and C. That should solve the problem. Please let us know if any problems remain and we will continue to troubleshoot the problem." Something like that.

Then you need to follow-up with the customer to see if everything is okay. You have a template for this. This template is what has changed. Something like
Dear ___:
Recently we worked together to resolve a problem with ____. I'm writing to find out if everything is working as it should now. If it is not, please let me know so we can continue to try to resolve the problem. It's important to me that you are satisfied with our products and our service, so please let me know everything is working now, and if not, how I can be of further assistance. I'm committed to working with you to resolve the issue. You can reply to this e-mail or call me at ____.

Something like that -- and you want to make sure people use this new template instead of the old one.

Is that about right?

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Sorry to ask so many questions, but I really want to understand the situation.

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Sorry to ask so many questions, but I really want to understand the situation.

Don't be sorry, Barb. You are correct and your information will be of a perfect help!

Something similar to this, I have also drafted.

Thank you so very much!:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.