Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Romanian
Home Country
Romania
Current Location
Romania
Ursica is my dog.It’s a dog whit golden fur and very big.Last winter was the first winter of his life.The first time when it saw snowflakes it fret , it frolic like a happy kid.
After the snow was deposited on the ground , Ursica go in the most deep snow , and after he came out you say it was like a snow-dog.
When I comes out Ursica was jumped immediately on me , put me down in the snow and it don’t let me to go.
I love my dog very much!

Can you correct that? Thanks :D

charliedeut

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
I have two questions:

1) Is this homework? If so, please submit it to your teacher and come back with any questions or doubt you may have about the corrections s/he made.
2) Are you really a Retired Academic? If so, please forgive me and ignore this question altogether.

PredaAndrei

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Romanian
Home Country
Romania
Current Location
Romania
Isn't my homework and no , i'm not a retired academic :d That essay i did it alone because i want to improve my english :D and i want to see my mistakes:)

charliedeut

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
It [STRIKE]I[/STRIKE] isn't my homework and no[no space], I'm not a retired academic :d That essay I did it alone because I want to improve my English :D and I want to see my mistakes:)

OK then, I highlighted some for you there.

Next post will see through the passage.

Last edited by a moderator:

charliedeut

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Ursica is my dog.[space] It’s a dog whit golden fur and very big. [I would say: "It's (or he's) very big and has golden fur"]
Last winter was the first winter of his life. I believe "... the first one of his life." would be better.
The first time [STRIKE]when [/STRIKE] ["that" or no relative] [STRIKE]it [/STRIKE] he saw snowflakes [STRIKE]it [/STRIKE] he fretted [STRIKE], it[/STRIKE] and frolicked like a happy kid.

Give me a second to check the rest.

charliedeut

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
After the snow was [STRIKE]deposited[/STRIKE] settled on the ground[in my opinion, this is unnecessary][no space], Ursica went (to play, for example) [STRIKE]go[/STRIKE] in the [STRIKE]most[/STRIKE] (deep) snow[no space], and after he came [STRIKE]out[/STRIKE] back you [STRIKE]say[/STRIKE] have said [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] he was [STRIKE]like[/STRIKE]a snow-dog.

When I come[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE] out Ursica [STRIKE]was jumped[/STRIKE] always/usually jumps immediately on me[no space], puts me down in the snow and [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] ["he" or no subject, as we are still speaking of Ursica] won’t let me [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] go.
I love my dog very much!

There you go. Maybe native speakers/teachers can helps us both polish it.

PredaAndrei

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Romanian
Home Country
Romania
Current Location
Romania
There you go. Maybe native speakers/teachers can helps us both polish it.
Thank you and I must to be more carefully next time...(many mistakes) Thank you again :)

Last edited:

PeterValk

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Dutch
Home Country
Netherlands
Current Location
Russian Federation
After the snow had settled on the ground, Ursica dived into the deepest snow and after he came back out you might have thought he was a snow dog.
When I come out Ursica immediately jumps up to me, pushes me down into the snow and won’t let me go.
I love my dog very much!

A bit more concise.
(and now we all wait for the experts to make their appearance)

Status
Not open for further replies.