Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I will always be a student of writing. Writing in itself is a art because, "it's not what you say, It's how you express it in words"? I judged the way when writing, that verbs and nouns were necessary when writing, but now I am convinced, that it is the words themselves that are more important than verbs and nouns. When the creators of nouns and verbs were put into the language first or the words themselves. What came first the chicken or the egg? This also goes for editing. Replacing certain words with the better grammar according to someone might be a bit overcharging the writers voice?

Using this approach could identify a over clarity on the writers party. Even tho order is necessary when writing. Politically correctness is not always correct as editing either. Political correctness and editing also might be wrong as well. These two words take away the writers freedom to be individualized and orderly in their writing?

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Replacing certain words with the better grammar according to someone might be a bit overcharging the writers voice?

This is often a waste of time- I had to replace the word get in texts and the results were highly unnatural.

Paul James

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I was to understand that each writer had there own voice. What works for me might not work for you? I still have not found mine.

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Paul, you need "their" in your sentence instead of "there".

Paul James

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
My mistake sorry.

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
No problem.

Paul James

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
How many writers have different (voices) when writing, a million, or more or less than that? I understand there has to be a order when writing. Because there is only one of me I will have to (again), write my way faults and all. Writing to me comes down to just communicating with others the best I can, my way, or whatever it takes to be understood by the other person. No one human out of millions or billions are perfect. Hope you understand. I love the A/A picture and function.

Status
Not open for further replies.