Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Manager: Why should I promote you?

Me: I think I would be a good fit for the next level. I have proved my mettle during my first assingment at XYZ. The results were the outcome of the training and coaching provided to the folks regularly. Subsequently, when I came back to ABC, I was given a new assingment in which I beleive I succeded. Currently, I have been given a new process to work with and already we have seen the difference in the scores from where it was. Therefore, I guess I deserve to be promoted.

Please help me if the above draft is okay. Any corrections or assistance is much appreciated!

euncu

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Maybe you should get rid of all those I think, I guess, I believe stuff. They make you look insecure. And now that the question starts with why, you should start with Because.

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Maybe you should get rid of all those I think, I guess, I believe stuff. They make you look insecure. And now that the question starts with why, you should start with Because.

Would'nt that sound very optimistic.

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Any help please!

casablanca_30391

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Manager: Why should I promote you?

Me: I think I would be a good fit for the next level. I have proved my mettle during my first assingment at XYZ. The results were the outcome of the training and coaching provided to the folks regularly. Subsequently, when I came back to ABC, I was given a new assingment in which I beleive I succeded. Currently, I have been given a new process to work with and already we have seen the difference in the scores from where it was. Therefore, I guess I deserve to be promoted.

Please help me if the above draft is okay. Any corrections or assistance is much appreciated!
-> I can state that I.....
-> Indeed
-> we have already
-> After all the success that I have been attempting to achieve, I believe I deserve to be promoted to work and donate better for your company
( I hope I can help u promted);-)

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
to 2010:
I would keep "I believe". It's a sign of conviction. But not in the place you've used it. You could start with "I believe". I agree about getting rid of "I think" and definitely "I guess". You don't want your employer thinking that you guess about important things, especially at work.

tedtmc

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia

I agree. To convince your employer to promote you, you have to be able to 'sell yourself'. Your letter should sound convincing and exude confidence, not with those wishy-washy phrases.

not a teacher

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.