Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
No one never taught me on how to understand my emotions like fear problems circumstances etc. I've spent my life trying to understand how to understand why I let them control them and not me controlling them. I now understand how to deal with frustration sadness and anger. Everyone has their own way to work through their problems and some do not for I was one of these.

There are good times and bad times and we could understand what to do when a bad time hits us. When will mental health wake up and see where they can play a better role in helping others with their emotions which they do not know how to control? In this thread I am also trying to find my writing style, how am I doing so far? Edit this please. Paul

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
No one never taught me [STRIKE]on [/STRIKE]how to understand my emotions like fear, anger, frustration, etc. [STRIKE] problems circumstances etc. [/STRIKE]I've spent my life trying to understand [STRIKE]how to understand [/STRIKE]why I let them control them and not me controlling them. I now understand how to deal with frustration, sadness and anger. [STRIKE]Everyone has[/STRIKE] Some people have their own way to work through their problems, but some do not -- and I was one of these.

There are good times and bad times and we can understand what to do when a bad time hits us. When will mental health wake up and see where they can play a better role in helping others with their emotions which they do not know how to control? In this thread I am also trying to find my writing style. How am I doing so far? Edit this please. Paul

Problems and circumstances are not emotions.
You can't say "everyone can do something and some do not."

I think mental health professionals do exactly that. That's what my daughter and her therapist work on.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
No one [STRIKE]never[/STRIKE] ever taught me
"No one never" is an example of a double negative, which ultimately equates to a positive. In this case, it would imply "someone/everyone taught me ...etc."
;-)

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Yup. I missed that one

Paul James

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
"Problems and circumstances are not emotions".

If one is having a emotional episode caused by present circumstances and problems, why can't they be problems and circumstances at that moment? If one is having this immediate episode, are they thinking rationally and logical about their emotions are, are they trying to bring their personal problems out into the open to get help? When I got emotional my emotions controlled me, not vice versa.Paul

Paul James

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
teechar,
What is a double negative? I stated no one sat down and told me how to control my emotions. How can one turn aroung that sentence from no one to someone? Paul

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
1. You said your emotions like fear, ... and then the reader expects of list of emotions. Fear, anger, happiness, sadness, disgust, surprise... those are emotions.

2. A double negative is "No one never" -- it should be "No one ever" or "The people I knew never."
Another example: I don't know nothing about that. It should be "I don't know anything" or "I know nothing."

Status
Not open for further replies.