[General] “Your greatest dreams are all on the other side of the wall of fear and caution.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

gookenhaim

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
I saw this nice quote
“Your greatest dreams are all on the other side of the wall of fear and caution.”

but I can't get the meaning of it completely.
Does it mean the greatest dreams are always behind our fear and caution, so we should break
or climb
the wall to get to it?
Or does it mean "Wherever fear and caution are, it is not where our greatest dreams are. So avoid that and go on and look for other options"?(->I don't think it's what author meant because we always have fear in every option to some degrees)

Thank you for reading it!

Last edited:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
It's says that you need to conquer/overcome your fears to be able to realize/attain your dreams.

andrewg927

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Think of it this way, you can't achieve your dreams if you are held back by fear and caution. Fear and caution is understood as a proverbial wall that separates you and your dreams.

gookenhaim

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
thank you :) so on the other side of the wall means behind the wall right? maybe that's what I feel confused about

andrewg927

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thank you​. [STRIKE]:)[/STRIKE] So "on the other side of the wall" means "behind the wall", right? Maybe that's what I feel confused about.

See my corrections above. You must start every sentence with a capital letter and end every sentence with an appropriate punctuation mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.