Student or Learner
Native Language
Burmese
Home Country
Myanmar
Current Location
Myanmar
Hi Everyone;

Someone asked me when the course would be start. I would like to reply him like this -

I would like to start before Aug, it will be confirmed after I discussed with "my boss" or "TEAM NAME (eg. Finance Team)".

Is it correct?

Thanks.

Matthew Wai

VIP Member
Member Type
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
It may be better to say 'after discussions with'.

Not a teacher.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi everyone.

Someone asked me when the course would [strike]be[/strike] start/will start/would be starting/will be starting. I would like to reply to him like this -

I would like it to start before August. It will be confirmed after I discuss/have discussed it with (no quotation marks required)my boss(no quotation marks required) or [strike]"TEAM NAME (eg.[/strike] with the finance team".

Is it correct?

Thanks.

Please see my amendments to your post above, in red. If the person contacted you to ask when the course will start, that suggests that they think you know the answer. Answering with "I would like it to start before August" sounds like a request. Perhaps you could say something like "I envisage it starting before August but I will be able to confirm the exact start date after I discuss it with my boss/the finance team".

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Burmese
Home Country
Myanmar
Current Location
Myanmar
I would like to add one more.

If the training could start before August, it should be only for current teams. Additional training for new members may be after September when they are here.

I want to write like this because new members have not been selected yet.
Is it correct?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I would like to add one more.

If the training could start before August, it should be only for current teams. Additional training for new members may be after September when they are here.

I want to write like this because new members have not been selected yet.
Is it correct?

Any training which starts before August will be for current team members only. New team members who start after September will also require a training course.

Status
Not open for further replies.