[Cover Letter] IMPORTANT : I'm looking for someone who could help me correct my cover letter :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nastasiah

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
France
Current Location
France
URGENT

Hello, I'm a second-year student in English and German, and next year, I want to do a year abroad (Erasmus) and I am currently applying for this. I wrote my cover letter both in English and French but I would like to find someone who could take a look at it in order to correct it before I send my file.
It is really important, and if someone could help me AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, it would be great...

Thank you very much.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
You can try posting it here. Unfortunately, not many of our members have time to proofread/correct/critique letters, so you may be disappointed.

nastasiah

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
France
Current Location
France
I can post my letter, if someone has a minute to take a look at it, it ould be great, but if not, I'll find another way to correct it !

Dear Madam, dear Sir,

I am currently a second-year student in LLCE and I would like to spend my third year’s second semester abroad as an Erasmus student.
Living abroad during some months must be not only a linguistic experience, but also a rich and educative personal experience in every way, which can only be beneficial. Discovering a different culture would be an exceptional opportunity.
I have now been studying German for seven years, and I have always liked this language very much, therefore I would really like to spend these six months in a German city. Last summer, I worked as a trilingual receptionist in a campsite and thus, I have had many opportunities to meet and to speak to Germans who appeared to be open-minded and welcoming people.
Some years ago, I spent a week in Germany, and another one in Austria last year, and these two stays, which were too short, made me feel like discovering the German culture and way of life in depth.
If I chose Bremen, it is because this city is part of the English sphere, and being in a bilingual course, this university would be perfect for me to improve my German as well as making progress in English. Moreover, I wish to enter the ESIT in the future –Ecole Supérieure d’Interprètes et de Traducteurs in Paris-, and in order to maximize my chances to join this school, it is highly recommended to have spent at least a semester in a German country.
Bremen is a very touristic and historic city, which is in the neighbourhood of other big cities that I would like to discover, such as Hamburg or Hannover. What is more, this city welcomes many students, the meetings and exchanges must consequently bring a lot on the human plan.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.