[Essay] IELTS letter, Can you comment on it? Pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rashidjon

Member Type
Student or Learner
You have decided to apply for a job as a Spanish instructor that was advertised in the April edition of the magazine Teaching Professional. This ad was posted by Mr Andre Saab, director of the Spanish department at The Language Institute of Great Britain in London. In your letter to Mr Saab:
• Explain why you are writing
• Describe your qualifications and experience
• Explain how they contact you

Dear Mr Saab:
I am writing to you to apply for the position of Spanish language teacher which was advertised recently in the Teaching Professional magazine. Please find my attached my CV.

I am a graduate of Urumchi State University. My major was Spanish language and literature. During my last year at the university I had a chance to utilize my theoretical skills on practice. Before graduation I have worked for three month as a Spanish instructor at a local school in my home town. That experience gave me the opportunity to broaden my language and teaching skills. In addition, I have learned how to handle difficult situations at classroom, make my lessons more interesting, interactive and understandable for pupils.

Since graduation I have started to work as a Spanish language tutor at the private Language school. I have four lessons in a week and the age of students in my group range from 18 to 45. Working with different age groups also contributed to the improvement my teaching skills.

Besides that, recently I have traveled to Spain on a teachers exchange program. I spent four month at The Language Institute of Spain in Barcelona. That was another opportunity to enlarge my knowledge of Spanish language.

I think I have gained necessary practical and theoretical skills to be considered for the position of Spanish language teacher.
Will you need any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me. I can be reached any time after 14:00 at number: 878 857 958.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully,
John James.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
You have decided to apply for a job as a Spanish instructor that was advertised in the April edition of the magazine Teaching Professional. This ad was posted by Mr Andre Saab, director of the Spanish department at The Language Institute of Great Britain in London. In your letter to Mr Saab:
• Explain why you are writing
• Describe your qualifications and experience
• Explain how they contact you

Dear Mr Saab:

I am writing [STRIKE]to you[/STRIKE] to apply for the position of Spanish language teacher which was advertised recently in the Teaching Professional magazine. Please find [STRIKE]my[/STRIKE] attached my CV.

I am a graduate of Urumchi State University where I majored [STRIKE]was[/STRIKE] in Spanish Language and Literature. During my last year at the university I had a chance to [STRIKE]utilize[/STRIKE] put my theoretical skills [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] into practice. Before graduat[STRIKE]ion[/STRIKE]ing I [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] worked for three month as a Spanish instructor at a local school in my home town. That experience gave me the opportunity to broaden my language and teaching skills. In addition, I [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] learned how to handle difficult situations [STRIKE]at[/STRIKE] in the classroom, and how to make my lessons more interesting, interactive and understandable for pupils.

Since graduat[STRIKE]ion[/STRIKE]ing I have [STRIKE]started to[/STRIKE] worked as a Spanish language tutor at [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] a private language school. I [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] teach four lessons [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] a week, and [STRIKE]the age of[/STRIKE] my students range in age [STRIKE]in my group range[/STRIKE] from 18 to 45. Working with different age groups has also contributed to the improvement in my teaching skills.

Besides that, [STRIKE]recently I have traveled[/STRIKE] I recently travelled to Spain on a teachers' exchange program. I spent four months at The Language Institute of Spain in Barcelona. That was another opportunity to expand my knowledge of the Spanish language.

I [STRIKE]think[/STRIKE] believe I have [STRIKE]gained[/STRIKE] the necessary practical and theoretical skills to be considered for the position of Spanish language teacher.

[STRIKE]Will[/STRIKE] If you need any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me. I can be reached any time after 14:00 [STRIKE]at number:[/STRIKE] on 878 857 958.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours [STRIKE]faithfully,[/STRIKE] sincerely

John James

See amendments above.

Status
Not open for further replies.