[Essay] Exams and students. (essay for practice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

THOUGHTFUL

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
In modern classrooms, exam do not match a student's ability. Do you agree with the statement. Specify your position with examples. (This prompt is from a book.)

Modern classrooms are facilitated with advanced technology like computers, I-books. However, examination rooms are not according to the modern students. New generation is more intelligent and adept than former. To examine the capability of students, it is necessary that exam should match the new and advanced
criteria. But, the current exams do not fairly judge students' ability.

Exams
do not able to highlight students' unique qualities and interests. The examination system is same for all students of same age and group. Although,every student is different from other with respect to creativity, understanding, and response, all of them face the similar type of questions. It is possible that most students answer differently. Therefore, examiner may not get the expected answer from all students, which fit in the particular critaria.

Moreover, most of
the exams held on particular time. Due to different circumstances, many students do not perform as good as they can. For example, many students get sick or overstress due to exam phobia. Even some students get nervous if the exam is in a different room or place.
Furthermore, students do not have
the option to choose between paper based and computer based exam. However, many entrances and competitive exams provide both facilities, but schools acedemic exams do not have both facilities which affect the measurement of students' ability.

In conclusion, Exam system should be as advanced as
a classroom. It should be comfortable for students regarding to time and place. So, they can perform without being anxious and stress.

Is it improved or not? Please suggest the weaknesses.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
In modern classrooms, exam do not match a student's ability. Do you agree with the statement. Specify your position with examples. (This prompt is from a book.)

See the words and punctuation I have marked in red above. Did the book's prompt definitely use them or have you made some typos?

THOUGHTFUL

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
See the words and punctuation I have marked in red above. Did the book's prompt definitely use them or have you made some typos?
It is my mistake while typing:oops:

Is 'typo' a formal and correct word. Can we use in formal writing?

Status
Not open for further replies.