Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
This is my essay about volunteer experiences, please help me check this essay!!!:-o

Volunteer working is a kind of activity that helps poor people in the community where we live. In July 2010, I came to study abroad in New Zealand. The first way was very difficult for me to communicate with the native speakers. Later, I try to study by myself all the incidents that I do not know and I gradually accept a new life.
I studied in a boy’s high school. This school is very good and many Vietnamese children that have parents work in the Vietnamese Embassy study there. By the introduction of a friend, I find out a Catholic volunteer organization for homeless people in Wellington, which locates near my school. Therefore, I thought it will be the best choice for me to have experiences when I was still a student. I work every week on Saturday morning from seven o’clock until nine o’clock, so I needed t get up early at about six o’clock in the morning. At the first time, it was very tired because I am the main washer in the kitchen. There are about five people on Saturday morning which includes a manger, me and other volunteers. However, we need to serve for around from twenty to thirty homeless people. Most of them are from thirty to forty. Besides washing dishes, I also clean all the tables after they finished their meals. Sometimes I thought I should give up doing these jobs because all my friends were paid with high salaries when they did the same jobs as me but for long hours in restaurants, supermarkets, and so on. But I think again and again many times is that: why I need to do that? Is it good for me when I do that? Did I receive any precious experiences after doing these jobs?
[FONT=&quot]Many nights I thought many, and then I decided not to give up my volunteer jobs. I knew that: when I have the house with good heater and warm bedroom, many people still lived sleep outside during nights without food, thick blanket and hot water. When my parents paid money for me to go to study in good school, meet teachers to discuss about my study, some children who parents had died had to work from morning to night to buy food and necessary facilities for their life. I also remember one sentence of a person that I have read on my school’s website: life’s most persistent and urgent questions is:” what are you doing for others?”, that was Father Martin Luther King’s sentence. Finally, I think my decision is right and I have the mission to keep it going well until I came back to Viet Nam in November, when I finished grade 12.

[/FONT]

tosucceed999

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Thanks for your advice.

tosucceed999

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Volunteer working is a kind of activity that helps poor people in the community where we live. In July 2010, I came to study abroad in New Zealand. The first way was very difficult for me to communicate with the native speakers. Later, I tried to study by myself all the incidents that I did not know and I gradually accept a new life.
I studied in a boy’s high school. This school is very good and many Vietnamese children that have parents work in the Vietnamese Embassy study there. By the introduction of a friend, I found out a Catholic volunteer organization for homeless people in Wellington, which located near my school. Therefore, I thought it would be the best choice for me to have experiences when I was still a student. I worked every week on Saturday morning from seven o’clock until nine o’clock, so I needed t get up early at about six o’clock in the morning. At the first time, it was very tired because I am the main washer in the kitchen. There are about five people on Saturday morning which includes a manger, me and other volunteers. However, we need to serve for around from twenty to thirty homeless people. Most of them are from thirty to forty. Besides washing dishes, I also cleaned all the tables after they finished their meals. Sometimes I thought I should give up doing these jobs because all my friends were paid with high salaries when they did the same jobs as me but for long hours in restaurants, supermarkets, and so on. But I think again and again many times is that: why I need to do that? Is it good for me when I do that? Did I receive any precious experiences after doing these jobs?
[FONT=&quot]Many nights I thought many, and then I decided not to give up my volunteer jobs. I knew that: when I have the house with good heater and warm bedroom, many people still lived sleep outside during nights without food, thick blanket and hot water. When my parents paid money for me to go to study in good school, meet teachers to discuss about my study, some children who parents had died had to work from morning to night to buy food and necessary facilities for their life. I also remembered one sentence of a person that I have read on my school’s website: life’s most persistent and urgent questions is: ” What are you doing for others?”, that was Father Martin Luther King’s sentence. Finally, I thought my decision was right and I had kept it going well until I came back to Viet Nam in November, when I finished grade 12. [/FONT]

tosucceed999

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Thanks a lot!!

tosucceed999

Member Type