Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
As I informed you earlier, I will be travelling back on Monday night and will be reaching there early Tuesday morning.
Since the authority have imposed lockdown here in our place, I am closely monitoring the situation / I am watching the situation closely and guidelines. If any changes on flight schedules or if any travel ban is imposed, I'll update you accordingly. Currently, there is no flight service available from my town so, I am boarding from the next nearest airport.

Please check the sentences above and advise if they are grammatically correct.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Please check the sentences [STRIKE]above[/STRIKE] below and advise if they are grammatically correct.

As I previously informed you [STRIKE]earlier[/STRIKE], I will be travelling back on Monday night and will [STRIKE]be reaching there[/STRIKE] arrive early Tuesday morning.
[STRIKE]Since[/STRIKE] The [STRIKE]authority[/STRIKE] authorities have imposed lockdown here [STRIKE]in our place[/STRIKE] so I am closely monitoring the situation [STRIKE]/ I am watching the situation closely[/STRIKE] and guidelines.

If there are any changes [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] to my flight [STRIKE]schedules[/STRIKE] schedule or if [STRIKE]any[/STRIKE] a travel ban is imposed, I'll update you accordingly. Currently, there [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] are no flights [STRIKE]service available[/STRIKE] from my town so no comma here I [STRIKE]am boarding[/STRIKE] have to travel from the next nearest airport.

See above.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Good edits.

In American English, "As I informed you earlier" is fine for a formal letter.

Status
Not open for further replies.