Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
The exam lasted two hours, during ...... time the students were expected to answer a hundred questions.
a) which
b) that
c) how much
d) whose
e) ​when

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Welcome to the forum, smart_care.

We do not simply give answers to test questions. If you are really an English teacher you should be able to make your own attempt to answer that one.

smart_care

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Welcome to the forum, smart_care.

We do not simply give answers to test questions. If you are really an English teacher you should be able to make your own attempt to answer that one.
Well, I AM an English teacher and my purpose is NOT simply to get the right answer, actually. On an advanced English testing discussion site, the question has had a large number of hits so far, and the answer there is not clear yet. So, I posted this question to KNOW the answer with the reasons and, maybe, with references to example sentences. I did really get your point when you say: "If you are a teacher bla bla bla...", and your real intention to NEEDLE; however, the fact that you can speak a language better than someone else, unfortunately, does not make you a smarter and, hence, a better person! Kapish dear moderator? ;)

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
In the past, we have had students purporting to be teachers wanting to be spoonfed answers to test/homework questions. Some of us are therefore suspicious of posts like this. If we had simply given the answer, students and learners would have got the idea that this was a legitimate use of the forum.

As it is, we still need to know what you think is the answer, or what the consensus of views you have read so far appears to be.

We are always insisting on thread starters providing context for their questions, and in the case of multiple-choice questions, making their own effort first.

Last edited:

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
On an advanced English testing discussion site, the question has had a large number of hits so far, and the answer there is not clear yet.

The test question is well written. Only one of the answers is possible. Does this help?

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Well, I AM an English teacher and my purpose is NOT simply to get the right answer, actually. On an advanced English testing discussion site, the question has had a large number of hits so far, and the answer there is not clear yet. . . .

To an English teacher, it WOULD be clear. It's not a hard question.

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
To an English teacher, it WOULD be clear. It's not a hard question.

Teachers of foreign languages don't always have a complete mastery of the language they teach. In fact, when they teach what is for them a second language, I imagine the large majority have some uncertainties about it. To completely master a foreign language is a huge task which few people ever achieve, including teachers.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
You have all raised some good points, but the OP seems to have lost interest.

It must have been something I said.:-(

Status
Not open for further replies.