Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
United States
[FONT=&quot]A Significant Mother[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot] The person who has had a significant influence on my life is my mom. She is the person I trust in, supplies me with an extraordinary amount of emotional support and who I share my worst and most pleasant moments. She gives me strength to keep going in life, and lets me know that I’m not a failure and I can succeed if I put my mind to anything. I don’t know what I would do without my mother, even when no one will listen to my problems, she will.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am a child of divorce, my parents split up when I was twelve. Witnessing my parents go through a divorce was hard on every member in my family. Mostly me, my grades were falling down and I was getting depressed. But it was my mother, the persistent and brave women, strongly stood up and started all over again. She helped me with my school works and did everything she can to make me happy. I remember she once say “no matter how hard it is right now everything will get better sooner or later, so don’t give up on yourself”. Each of her failures, her unhappiness, and the way she overcome difficulties to move on has made an indelible impression in my mind. My mother gives me the hope to go through life and make a difference. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]My mother is also the strongest person I know; she raised me and my sister by herself and never asked for any help. Most people at the bottom will ask and beg for help or some type of hand out, but she refused. She has too much pride in herself to let her feel like she can’t make it on her own. She gave her children not materials, but self courage and integrity to make it in life. I don’t think I would of reached anywhere in life without knowing how hard it was growing up. Even though I grew up with practically nothing, but I have been given the most special gift of all. Something that no one can just buy and gift. She gave me the will and power to know that someone can make it through no matter how hard life is, that there is light at the end of the tunnel as long as you follow your heart and soul. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Many people touch our lives every day but there is always that one person who affects us more than the rest. For me, that person is my mom and I am proud to be her daughter. I can never thank my mother enough for what she has given me. The precious lessons from my mother are the gifts I will carry on to my road of succeed and make my dream become a reality. [/FONT]

eng11

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
United States
How come I am not getting any reply? Please help me edit my paper.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
This is not an instant reply service, eng11.

Your posts arrived in the middle of the night in the UK. It's only 7.30am now.

If you want quicker responses you'll have to pay a professional agency.

Rover

Status
Not open for further replies.