Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Sometimes in children's story there happens to be a old fat man who tells them (children) various story. Sometimes he gets angry in a funny childish way, hides his face, face pinkish; looks so childish.

How should I describe that anger?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Sometimes in children's stories there [STRIKE]happens to be[/STRIKE] is an old fat man who tells [STRIKE]them (children) [/STRIKE] the children various stories. Sometimes he gets angry in a funny childish way, hides his face, his face becomes pinkish and he looks [STRIKE]so[/STRIKE] very childish.

How should I describe that anger?

I wasn't sure if you were talking about a very specific children's story that you have read, or about stories in general. I have made amendments above assuming the latter. If the former is the case, then it should start "In a children's story I have read, there is an.........."

However, as far as your actual question is concerned, I can't actually think of a word. Is he actually angry? Is he playing? I don't really see how you can get angry in a childish way, and I don't understand why he would hide his face!

When children get angry, it can sometimes be called petulant. This is when they maybe stamp their foot, stick out their bottom lip and sulk, but it's not necessarily angry, they are just being difficult!

Adam Cruge

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Forget about my first post. Just think this situation:

A loves B too much.. But due to some reason A is angry with B, but not in that way. Angry but cares for B and loves B. And in oder to show this attitude a stops talking to B, don't eat, face grew fat and pinkish.

What kind of anger is this?

stanislaw.masny

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland

A loves B too much.. But due to some reason A is angry with B, but not in that way. Angry but cares for B and loves B. And in oder to show this attitude a stops talking to B, don't eat, face grew fat and pinkish.

Hi Adam Cruge
I would describe that something like "he clowns out". :-D
Regards.
S.M.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

Sorry I can't be much more help, but I really can't equate any type of anger with a situation where someone not only stops talking to someone else, but also won't eat yet their face becomes fat and turns pink!

Ignoring the part about not eating and their face changing becoming fat, I would say that when a couple who care about eachother have an argument, or one of them is a little angry with the other, you could still say that one of them is "sulking".

Status
Not open for further replies.