If the colour you want is not a custom colour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jit833

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Canada
1) If the colour you want is not a custom colour/outside of the color selection for this car then you have to buy it and repaint it the color you want.
2) The boy kept the ball in the drawer and not remember it was there.(Can I say not remember?).
3) The customer called to report missing items from the order. The driver who delivered the food said the customer received the items. I had to call the customer to verify his claim about/on not receiving the items/ verify his claim
That he did not receive the missing items. (Can I say verify his claim?).

I hope somebody can help me correct the mistakes in the sentences if there are any mistake

Mr_Ben

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Switzerland
1) If the colour you want is [STRIKE]not[/STRIKE] a custom colour/outside of the color selection for this car then you have to buy it and repaint it the color you want. I think the first option is better, but have I understood it correctly? Also, please try and be consistent in your spelling of color/colour. :)
2) The boy kept the ball in the drawer and not remember it was there.(Can I say not remember?). No, you can say didn't remember or forgot
3) The customer called to report missing items from the order. The driver who delivered the food said the customer received the items. I had to call the customer to verify his claim about[STRIKE]/on[/STRIKE] not receiving the items/ verify his claim that he did not receive the missing items. (Can I say verify his claim?). Yes, the first and third options are correct.

I hope somebody can help me correct the mistakes in the sentences if there are any mistake

B

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
A "custom colour" is a colour which is not offered as a standard choice for the car. It is one you have to specifically request.

BobK

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
:up:, but I assumed (perhaps wrongly) that the text in the OP came from a marketing document, and the manufacturer was abusing the term. I thought that they were trying to make 'custom' mean the same as à la carte - there's a choice, but a limited one. I suspect this may be behind the term 'custom-kitchen' in the song Money for Nothing, based on a conversation Mark Knopfler overheard in a US store.

b

Status
Not open for further replies.