Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Please help me correct the following draft progress report on repair works at my managed clubhouse. Thank you.

Dear Sir,

I would like to report you the progress of various repair works at our clubhouse, which is obviously far behind our forecasted schedule. Details are as follows:

1) I have issued a letter to the term contractor on horticultural work, advising them that as the progress of the repair works unexpectedly stalls, they have to pay special attention to carry out imminent remedial measures on some defective trees, mostly having wounds on their trunks caused by careless handling of the site workers.

2) I have issued a letter to the cleaning contractor, stating that facing an unforeseeable delay of the toilet improvement works at our clubhouse, the earlier proposed requirements for the number of cleaning workers need to be changed from 4 to 2 until further notice and we intend to pay for the charges incurred from the addition of workers two months later.

3) I have issued a detailed defects checklist to the main contractor, notably reminding them of adjusting the height of the wash basins, toilet paper dispensers, electronic fans, urinals and filling the gaps between the walls and the handrails.

4) As we have accidentally found the defectiveness on a drop bar at the car park of clubhouse, we have asked for the assistance of technical division to rectify the drop bar and have swiftly been told to pay for $5,000 for the repair work. Since the drop bar is presently failure to drop down and hence perform the function of resisting the car go away, I am compelled to temporarily cordon off the defective drop bar.

With the chance of having all defect items fully rectified looking very slim, I suggest to shift the official completion date of the whole work to 30.06.2016.

Your sincerely,
AA

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Dear Sir,

I would like to report to you on the progress of various repair works at our clubhouse, which [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] are obviously far behind our forecast [STRIKE]ed[/STRIKE] schedule. Details are as follows:

1) I have issued a letter to the term contractor on horticultural work, advising them that as the progress of the repair works has unexpectedly stalled, they have to pay special attention to carry out imminent remedial measures on some defective trees, mostly having wounds on their trunks caused by careless handling of the site workers.

2) I have issued a letter to the cleaning contractor, stating that [STRIKE]facing[/STRIKE] due to an unforeseeable delay of the toilet-improvement works at our clubhouse, the earlier proposed requirements for the number of cleaning workers needs to be changed from 4 to 2 until further notice, and we intend to pay for the charges incurred [STRIKE]from[/STRIKE] as a result of the addition of workers two months later.

3) I have issued a detailed defects checklist to the main contractor, notably reminding them of the need to adjust [STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] the height of the wash basins, toilet paper dispensers, electronic fans, urinals and filling the gaps between the walls and the handrails.

4) As we have accidentally found [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] a defectiveness on a drop bar at the car park of clubhouse, we have asked for the assistance of the technical division to rectify the drop bar and have swiftly been told to pay for $5,000 for the repair work. Since the drop bar [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] presently fails [STRIKE]ure[/STRIKE] to drop down, and hence fails in performing [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] its intended function of acting as a barrier to cars leaving, [STRIKE]resisting the car go away,[/STRIKE] I am compelled to temporarily cordon off the defective drop bar.

With the chance of having all defective items fully rectified on time looking very slim, I suggest to shift the official completion date of the whole work to 30.06.2016.

Your faithfully, [STRIKE]sincerely,[/STRIKE]

AA

Status
Not open for further replies.