Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I have some sentences that do not make sense can you help me?
1. a giant monster attacted the warehouse yesterday morning the warehouse makes sneakers. --- I think this is a run-on sentence, but I am not sure.
2. At 3 pm i will be feeding the ducks. At the park.--- I think it is a verb form and tense- but on the other hand im thinking it could be a sentence frangment.
3. They is both happy. I think it is a subject-verb agreement
4. This morning I watch TV before I drove here. I think it is verb form and tense.
5. The bank robber escaped from the bank. With some money. Im thinking it is a fragment.
6.That brand of car goes very fast, which is why many people wants them. I think it is a subject-verb agreement.
7. Grammar quizzes can be tough there is a lot to learn it is hard to remember I find that it gets easier with practice. I think it would be a run-on sentence.
8. Can I call you back? I am try to escape from the giant monster attacking the warehouse. I think itis subject-verb agreement.

Can you please let me know if I got any of these correct. I have already reworte the sentences. I just need to know if I got the grammar part right or not. Thank you

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi, and welcome to Using English.

8 is tense - I am trying.

Please try to think of better titles for your threads in the future than "grammar." That will help us. Thanks.

Soup

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
China
1. A giant monster attacted the warehouse yesterday morning_the warehouse makes sneakers.
Correct. It's a run-on.

2. At 3 pm I will be feeding the ducks. At the park.
Correct. At the park a fragment.

3. They is both happy.
Correct. The problem is subject-verb agreement.

4. This morning I watch TV before I drove here.
Correct: The problem is tense.

5. The bank robber escaped from the bank._With some money.
Correct. With some money is a fragment.

6. That brand of car goes very fast, which is why many people wants them.
Correct. It's subject-verb agreement.

7. Grammar quizzes can be tough_there is a lot to learn_it is hard to remember_I find that it gets easier with practice.
Correct. It's a run-on sentence.

8. Can I call you back? I am try to escape from the giant monster attacking the warehouse.
The problem is not subject-verb agreement (the verb am agrees with the subject I). The problem, as Barb pointed out, is tense (Be + -ing: am trying).

Status
Not open for further replies.