Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Great Britain
A short piece trying to explain what a pack of cards are;

I have no idea as to their origin but I can tell you a few other things about a pack of playing cards. Each pack consists of 52 suited cards and 2 jokers. Jokers are identical, rarely used and have no numerical value. All of the cards are exactly the same size, approximately 10cm high and 5cm wide, and have an identical pattern printed one side. Faced down, every card would appear to be the same but it’s what you see on the other side that makes each card unique. Even though each suited card is unique, it can be similar to many other cards in several respects: half of the suited cards have black shapes on them, the other half , red shapes. There are two red shapes - more commonly referred to as suits- called Hearts and Diamonds, and two black suits –Clubs and Spades. Each suit consists of thirteen cards with values ranging from two to ten, the one exception being a card known as an Ace. This card has two values and can be either used as a one or an eleven. Each suit also has three picture cards all with a numerical value of 10 but an order that ranks the King as the highest valued picture card, then followed by the Queen and finally the Jack. Cards 2 to 10 have the same numerical value as what is written on them and displayed on the top left-hand and bottom right-hand corners. The picture cards and the Aces display their initial letter not their numerical value in the corners. There are many card games, my favourite being poker.

susiedqq

Key Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I have no idea as to their origin . . .

Well you should! It would explain everything.

boozl

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Great Britain
Well you should! It would explain everything.

Very droll and made me laugh but not the type of reply I was after:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.