Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Good evening,

I am an italian student and I need your help! I decided to apply for an internship (Leonardo) and I wrote a cover letter. If you check it through in terms of grammar and style, I would be really happy! You can find my letter below.

My name is V and I received my Bachelor’s Degree in Languages and Communication at the University of xxx in march 2014. I am interested in applying for your internship in order to acquire the background necessary for my future career.
This internship would provide me with the ideal opportunity to assist at an organization and to expand my skills in different fields. I am especially interested in developing my knowledge and experience in Information and communication technology. I think the internet is continually breaking barriers everyday and it will become an even more essential part of people's lives so it is only sensible for companies to utilize this modern communication tool to their advantage, for this reason I would like to learn more about the new communication thechniques, something you cannot learn at school.
I posses a working level of English and Spanish, in addition to my mother tongue Italian and I have started to learn French. I have been on study exchange at the University of Malta for five months, as an Erasmus student. This experience attests of my capacity of integration and adaptation which I think is essential when studying in in a foreign country, with different ideologies and cultural backgrounds offered by its students. Undoubtedly, this creates a great source of international knowledge and global vision which is a great benefit. Furthermore I worked for three months at Sevilla Palace Hotel in Seville as a trainee within the context of the International “Erasmus Placement Program”. This experience allowed me with the possibility to gain a valuable, international and practical knowledge in tourism and hospitality management.
I am searching for an opportunity to discover a foreign culture while additionally enhancing my English knowledge and getting some practical experience, fitting to my studies. Here my general academic knowledge opens a wide field of deployment.
I honestly believe that I am highly motivated for the challenge to be your Trainee and I am eager to put in the practice all the knowledge gained at the University.
Thank you very much for considering my application. If you have any questions regarding my application, please feel free to contact me at my e-mail or vie telephone.

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Best Regards

Your sincerely
xxx

Thank you in advance!

V

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
There are not a lot of mistakes, but there are a few. Repost it (after this one) putting the paragraph breaks in.

:)

v391

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
I made some corrections, please let me know what you think! Thank you :)

[I am Viola, I am 23 years old and I received my Bachelor’s Degree in Languages and Communication at the University of Cagliari in March 2014. I am interested in applying for your internship in order to acquire the background necessary for my future career. This internship would provide me with the ideal opportunity to assist an organization and to expand my skills in different fields. I would learn how to communicate in a global work environment, which is highly transferable work skill. Furthermore, I think it would give me the opportunity to make international contacts not available through an internship experience in my own country.
Here my general academic knowledge opens a wide field of deployment.I am especially interested in developing my knowledge and experience in Information and communication technology. I think the internet is costantly breaking barriers everyday and it will become an even more essential part in people's lives so it seems sensible for companies to utilize this modern communication tool to their advantage. For this reason, I would like to learn more about the new communication thechniques, which is something you cannot learn at school.
I possess a working level of English and Spanish, in addition to my mother tongue Italian and I have started to learn French. I studied at the University of Malta for five months, as an Erasmus student. This experience attests my capacity of integration and adaptation which I think is essential when studying in a foreign country, with different ideologies and cultural backgrounds offered by its students. Undoubtedly, this creates a great source of international knowledge and global vision which is a great benefit. Furthermore I worked for three months at Sevilla Palace Hotel in Seville as a trainee within the context of the International “Erasmus Placement Program”. This experience allowed me to gain a valuable, international and practical knowledge in tourism and hospitality management. I am searching for an opportunity to discover a foreign culture while additionally enhancing my English knowledge and getting some practical experience, fitting to my studies.
I honestly believe that I am highly motivated for the challenge to be your Trainee and I am eager to put into practice all the knowledge gained at the University.
Thank you very much for considering my application. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Your sincerely
Viola Bellisai ]

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You didn't put the paragraphs breaks in, so I'll do it for you. :roll:

I am Viola, I am 23 years old and I received my Bachelor’s Degree in Languages and Communication at the University of Cagliari in March 2014. I am interested in applying for your internship in order to acquire the background necessary for my future career. This internship would provide me with the ideal opportunity to assist an organization and to expand my skills in different fields. I would learn how to communicate in a global work environment, which is highly transferable work skill. Furthermore, I think it would give me the opportunity to make international contacts not available through an internship experience in my own country.

Here my general academic knowledge opens a wide field of deployment.I am especially interested in developing my knowledge and experience in Information and communication technology. I think the internet is costantly breaking barriers everyday and it will become an even more essential part in people's lives so it seems sensible for companies to utilize this modern communication tool to their advantage. For this reason, I would like to learn more about the new communication thechniques, which is something you cannot learn at school.

I possess a working level of English and Spanish, in addition to my mother tongue Italian and I have started to learn French. I studied at the University of Malta for five months, as an Erasmus student. This experience attests my capacity of integration and adaptation which I think is essential when studying in a foreign country, with different ideologies and cultural backgrounds offered by its students.

Undoubtedly, this creates a great source of international knowledge and global vision which is a great benefit. Furthermore I worked for three months at Sevilla Palace Hotel in Seville as a trainee within the context of the International “Erasmus Placement Program”. This experience allowed me to gain a valuable, international and practical knowledge in tourism and hospitality management. I am searching for an opportunity to discover a foreign culture while additionally enhancing my English knowledge and getting some practical experience, fitting to my studies.

I honestly believe that I am highly motivated for the challenge to be your Trainee and I am eager to put into practice all the knowledge gained at the University.

Thank you very much for considering my application. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Yours sincerely,

Viola Bellisai

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

I am Viola Bellisai. I am 23 years old, and I received my Bachelor’s Degree in Languages and Communication at the University of Cagliari in March 2014. I am interested in applying for your internship in order to acquire the background necessary for my future career. This internship would provide me with the ideal opportunity to assist an organization and to expand my skills in different fields. I would learn how to communicate in a global work environment, which is a highly transferable work skill. Furthermore, I think it would give me the opportunity to make international contacts not available through an internship experience in my own country.​

More later.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

Here my general academic knowledge opens a wide field of employment. I am especially interested in developing my knowledge and experience in Information and communication technology. I think the internet is constantly breaking barriers everyday and it will become an even more essential part of people's lives than it is now, so it seems sensible for companies to utilize this modern communication tool to their advantage. For this reason, I would like to learn more about the new communication thechniques, which is something you cannot learn at school.

I possess a working level of English and Spanish, in addition to my mother tongue, Italian, and I have started to learn French. I studied at the University of Malta for five months, as an Erasmus student. This experience attests to my capacity of integration and adaptation, which I think is essential when studying in a foreign country, with different ideologies and cultural backgrounds offered by its students.

Undoubtedly, this creates a great source of international knowledge and global vision, which is a great benefit. Furthermore, I worked for three months at Sevilla Palace Hotel in Seville as a trainee within the context of the International “Erasmus Placement Program”. This experience allowed me to gain a valuable, international and practical knowledge in tourism and hospitality management. I am searching for an opportunity to learn about a foreign culture while additionally enhancing my English knowledge and getting some practical experience, fitting to my studies.

I am highly motivated for the challenge to be your trainee, and I am eager to put into practice all the knowledge gained at the University.

Yours sincerely,

Viola Bellisai

I am pretty sure that you don't want to discover a foreign culture, but you want to learn more about a foreign culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.