Member Type
Other
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hello! I would like to know how my text (medical topics) perceived English-speaking reader, I'm from Russia. Please write what you think about it.

TEXT

Normal operation in gynecology - it's a pain, scarring, and possible restoration of long sterility. To avoid all this helps laparoscopy.

Laparoscopic surgery is very different from the traditional, although it is performed under general anesthesia. In the anterior abdominal wall do 3.4 deep puncture width not more than 10-12 mm. This is sufficient because the diameter of the instrument - only 7-10 mm. Then, through a puncture in the abdominal cavity blown gas, usually carbon. Gas "lifts" the abdominal wall, the surgeon was more convenient to work with. Through a puncture the other injected optical instrument with a light bulb connected to a monitor. The picture appears on the screen, and you can see all the details. Once the diagnosis is finally confirmed, the instruments are introduced through the puncture-manipulators. The surgeon watches the progress of the operation, looking at the monitor. Everything that happens is recorded on tape, which then give the patient. This is the "home video" may be needed in the future - if you need other operations and consulting.

Sometimes, instead of laparoscopy, hysteroscopy is carried out. In this case, and the puncture did not have to - all the tools are introduced into the uterus through her cervix. The patient was discharged home after a few hours after surgery.

simona000

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
115 views and no answers...

MartinEnglish

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I think you've had no replies because the topic is clearly one of such a level of medical expertise that it would be very difficult for any non-doctor to know what the "correct" version should be!
But here it is with just the grammar corrected - just remember that I have no idea what you're actually talking about!

" Normal operation in gynecology - it's a pain, scarring, and possible restoration of long sterility. To avoid all this helps laparoscopy." - I don't know what you want to say here so I can't correct it.

Laparoscopic surgery is very different from the traditional, although it is performed under general anesthesia. In the anterior abdominal wall a 3.4 deep puncture is made with a width of not more than 10-12 mm. This is sufficient as the diameter of the instrument is only 7-10 mm. Then, through this hole in the abdominal cavity gas is blown, usually carbon. The gas "lifts" the abdominal wall, which allows the surgeon more space to work with. Through the same aperture another optical instrument is inserted with a light bulb connected to a monitor. The picture appears on a screen, where all the details of the procedure can be seen. Once the diagnosis is finally confirmed, the instruments are introduced through the puncture-manipulators. The surgeon watches the progress of the operation, looking at the monitor. Everything that happens is recorded on tape, which is then given to the patient. This is a "home video" which may be needed in the future - if other operations or consulting is required.

Sometimes, instead of laparoscopy, hysteroscopy is carried out. In this case, the puncture is not necessary and the instruments are introduced into the uterus through the cervix. The patient can then be discharged home only a few hours after surgery."

I hope this is helpful. The words in red need replacing but, as I said, I'm not expert enough in gynecology to know with what!

All the best

Martin

Sondre

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Jamaica
Current Location
France
Yes it's highly specialized