Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
A chef says:

"Our motto here is "cook less more often""

I googled it and foound out that the origin is "eat less more often" but no explanation was provided. I can't the structure and the meaning.

Thanks a lot.

isedehi

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Yoruba
Home Country
Nigeria
Current Location
Nigeria
A chef says:

"Our motto here is "cook less more often""

I googled it and foound out that the origin is "eat less more often" but no explanation was provided. I can't the structure and the meaning.

Thanks a lot.
Offcourse, the chef would want you to cook less in the house so that you can come and eat more at his restaurant. He just twisted a popular phrase to suit his business. That is supposed to be eye catching. He wouldn't suggest you eat less more often, that is bad business for him, but cook less more often is great because people won't cook often in their houses, giving them a reason to eat more often at the chef's place.

BobK

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Offcourse, the chef would want you to cook less in the house so that you can come and eat more at his restaurant. He just twisted a popular phrase to suit his business. That is supposed to be eye catching. He wouldn't suggest you eat less more often, that is bad business for him, but cook less more often is great because people won't cook often in their houses, giving them a reason to eat more often at the chef's place.
Goti it! (I missed the joke, but you're right!) ;-)

b

Status
Not open for further replies.