Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
My daily routine

Every day, I wake up at six o’clock and get up at six hour and thirteen minutes. Then, I wear my shoes and go out to walk around the park near my house. An hour later, I come my home. I take my tooth then I have a breakfast that my mom prepared. At seven hour and thirty minutes, I go to work.

I often come home at seven hour pm after my work have finished. I take a bath then I have diner with my family. Sometimes, I eat alone when my parents go out. I help my mom wash the dishes. Then I prepare my clothes for next day. I go to bed at eleven pm.
Please correct my mistakes.

Yankee

Banned
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
My daily routine

Every day, I wake up at six o’clock and get up at six[STRIKE] hour and[/STRIKE] thirteen (?) [STRIKE]minutes.[/STRIKE] Then, I [STRIKE]wear[/STRIKE] put on my shoes and go out to walk around the park near my house. An hour later, I come [STRIKE]my[/STRIKE] (or "get") home. I [STRIKE]take my tooth[/STRIKE] brush my teeth. Then I have [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] breakfast that my mom prepared. At seven [STRIKE]hour and[/STRIKE] thirty [STRIKE]minutes[/STRIKE], I go to work.

I often come home at seven [STRIKE]hour[/STRIKE] pm after [STRIKE]my work[/STRIKE] I have finished work. I take a bath. Then I have dinner with my family. Sometimes, I eat alone when my parents go out. I help my mom wash the dishes. Then I prepare my clothes for the next day. I go to bed at eleven PM.
Please correct my mistakes.

(?) Did you mean 6:30?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
You will see, the more English you read, that we almost always express time using numbers.

I get up at 6.30am.
I have dinner at 8pm.
She walked the dog at 11.45am.

The exceptions are midday, noon and midnight, all of which are generally expressed in words.

chunchuntthn

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
This is my rewrite.

Every day, I wake up at six a’clock and get up at 6:30 am. Then, I put on my shoes and go out to walk around the park near my house. An hour later, I get home. I brush my teeth. Then I have breakfast that my mom prepared. At 7:30 am, I go to work.

I often come home at 7 pm after I have finished work. I take a bath. Then I have dinner with my family. Sometimes, I eat alone when my parents go out. I help my mom wash the dishes. Then I prepare my clothes for the next day. I go to bed at 11 pm.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
This is my rewrite.

Every day, I wake up at [STRIKE]six a’clock[/STRIKE] 6am and get up at 6:30. [STRIKE]am.[/STRIKE] Then (no comma here) I put on my shoes and go out to walk around the park near my house. An hour later, I get home, I brush my teeth[STRIKE]. Then I[/STRIKE] and have breakfast, [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] which my mom [STRIKE]prepared[/STRIKE] prepares. At 7:30, [STRIKE]am[/STRIKE] I go to work.

I often come home from work at 7pm [STRIKE]after I have finished work. I[/STRIKE] and take a bath. Then I have dinner with my family. Sometimes, if my parents are out, I eat alone. [STRIKE]when my parents go out.[/STRIKE] I always help my mom wash the dishes, then I prepare my clothes for the next day and I go to bed at 11pm.

Note my suggested changes above. Once you have established that you are talking about mornings, by saying "6am", you don't need to keep repeating "am".

chunchuntthn

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Thanks emsr2d2

Every day, I wake up at 6 am and get up 6:30. Then I put on my shoes and go out to walk around the park near my house. An hour later, I get home, I brush my teeth and have breakfast, which my mom prepares. At 7:30, I go to work.
I often come home from work at 7pm and take a bath. Then I have dinner with my family. Sometimes, if my parents are out, I eat alone. I always help my mom wash the dishes, then I prepare my clothes for the next day and I go to bed at 11pm.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
OK, but there is no need to post the entire thing again just to show that you can read my corrections. Clicking on the "Thank/Like" buttons on post #7 would have been sufficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.