Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Punjabi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Hi Team, I have assignment to get done from students . Please see the following statements and see if you can recognize the mistakes. they can be minor ones. Coz I had the hard time finding them.

1) The main argument for change is b) that everyone around you accept you as you are.

2) While some wags are associated in happiness and friendly , b )another can mean fear,

insecurity or even a warning that since you, approach you are apt to bit.

3) So only those, who can contribute for making the , b) students good human beings and , c) intelligent ones will take up the job.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Hi Team, I have assignment to get done from students . Please see the following statements and see if you can recognize the mistakes. they can be minor ones. Coz I had the hard time finding them.

1) The main argument for change is b) that everyone around you accept you as you are.

2) While some wags are associated in happiness and friendly , b )another can mean fear,

3) So only those, who can contribute for making the , b) students good human beings and , c) intelligent ones will take up the job.
They don't make much sense to me I'm afraid.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi team, I have an assignment [STRIKE]to get done from students[/STRIKE] for my students to do. Please see the following statements and see if you can [STRIKE]recognize[/STRIKE]spot the mistakes. They [STRIKE]can[/STRIKE] must be minor ones [STRIKE]Coz[/STRIKE] because I had [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] a hard time finding them.

1) The main argument for change is b) that everyone around you accepts you as you are.

There are so many mistakes that I don't know which ones they can possibly be looking for if they only claim there is one minor one in each statement.

In the first part of your post, I have made various corrections in red. In the main part of the post, containing the statements, I have marked in red and underlined all the errors I can see just on a quick read through.

dj_dipuu

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Punjabi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
:(
Here in this one ....

I think it should be - While some wags are associated WITH happiness, friendly , Other can mean fear.

With a and b actually I have distinguished two different lines..

3) In this one "
So only those, who can contribute for making the , students good human beings and , intelligent ones will take up the job."

I think it should be like ---

So only those, who can contribute for making the , students good human beings and , intelligent one will take up the job. Right ?

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
:(
Here in this one ....

I think it should be - While some wags are associated WITH happiness, friendly , Other can mean fear.

With a and b actually I have distinguished two different lines..

No, sorry, but you're not even close.

While some wags are associated with happiness or friendliness, others can mean fear...
- You need the same word form, a noun, to follow "associated with," not a noun and and adjective.
- Since there are other emotions that follow, you need "others" not "another" (but "other" is not correct at all).

3) In this one "
So only those, who can contribute for making the , students good human beings and , intelligent ones will take up the job."

I think it should be like ---

So only those, who can contribute for making the , students good human beings and , intelligent one will take up the job. Right ?

I have trouble the intention of the original, but in that and in your correction, the commas make no sense at all.

Only those what?

"Only those poeple who can contribute to making the students into good and intelligent human beings will take up the challenge." Is that what this means? (How can a teacher make a student more intelligent?)

dj_dipuu

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Punjabi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Ur my hero !! :) Thanks

[/COLOR]
No, sorry, but you're not even close.

While some wags are associated with happiness or friendliness, others can mean fear...
- You need the same word form, a noun, to follow "associated with," not a noun and and adjective.
- Since there are other emotions that follow, you need "others" not "another" (but "other" is not correct at all).

I have trouble the intention of the original, but in that and in your correction, the commas make no sense at all.

Only those what?

"Only those poeple who can contribute to making the students into good and intelligent human beings will take up the challenge." Is that what this means? (How can a teacher make a student more intelligent?)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
[STRIKE]Ur[/STRIKE] You are my hero! :) Thanks.

Barb's post was indeed very insightful but I'm not sure how it helps solve the many problems with the exercise for your students, nor the general problems in your post.

There were a lot of errors in each part and, as Barb pointed out, the final one doesn't actually make any sense even if you "fix" it.

The punctuation errors numbered far too many and, no offence, but as your profile says you're an English teacher, we really shouldn't have had to make so many corrections to your writing.

Would you mind now posting the actual exercise that you will be giving your students so that we can see what they will be faced with? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.