Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Malaysia
Hi, can you please check the following sentences? Thank you.

Short summary
A Chinese archaeologist teams up with professors from India, to locate a lost treasure and embark on an adventure that takes them from a Tibetan ice cave to Dubai to a mountain temple in India.

Long Summary
Chinese archaeologist professor, Jack, teams up with an Indian professor and her assistant to locate a lost ancient Indian treasure. Starting their adventure in a Tibetan ice cave, where they are ambushed by a descendant of rebel army leader, Randall, they make their way to Dubai to obtain the diamond from the ice cave that is being auctioned. With Randall hunting them down, Jack and his team travel to a mountain temple in India, using the diamond as a key to unlock the real treasure.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Hi, can you please check the following sentences? Thank you.

Short summary
A Chinese archaeologist teams up with professors from India, to locate a lost treasure and embark on an adventure that takes them from a Tibetan ice cave to Dubai to a mountain temple in India.

Long Summary
Chinese archaeologist professor, Jack, teams up with an Indian professor and her assistant to locate a lost ancient Indian treasure. Starting their adventure in a Tibetan ice cave, where they are ambushed by a descendant of rebel army leader, Randall, they make their way to Dubai to obtain the diamond from the ice cave that is being auctioned. With Randall hunting them down, Jack and his team travel to a mountain temple in India, using the diamond as a key to unlock the real treasure.

This looks fine to me. I have seen the movie recently - Kungfu Yoga.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq

Short summary
A Chinese archaeologist teams up with professors from India to locate a lost treasure and embark on an adventure that takes them from a Tibetan ice cave to Dubai to a mountain temple in India.

Long Summary
Chinese archaeology professor, Jack, teams up with an Indian professor and her assistant to locate a lost ancient Indian treasure. Starting their adventure in a Tibetan ice cave, where they are ambushed by a descendant of the rebel-army leader, Randall, they make their way to Dubai to obtain the diamond from the ice cave that is being auctioned. With Randall on their heels, [STRIKE]hunting them down,[/STRIKE] Jack and his team travel to a mountain temple in India, using the diamond as a key to unlock the real treasure.
1- What do you mean by "descendant"?
2- Who is Randall-- the leader or the "descendant"?
3- I presume it's the diamond (not the ice cave) that gets auctioned; is that right?

Gaya87

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Malaysia
1- What do you mean by "descendant"?
2- Who is Randall-- the leader or the "descendant"?
3- I presume it's the diamond (not the ice cave) that gets auctioned; is that right?

Hi teechr, based on my research, Randall- has a private armed force and the nefarious billionaire of the city. And, also I'm unsure about the "ice cave". As a result I have rewrite the synopses. Please take a look and give your feedback.

Short summary
An archaeology professor, Jack, and his team are on a grand quest to locate a lost Indian treasure in Tibet when they are ambushed by a group of mercenaries led by a billionaire.

Long summary
Chinese archaeology professor, Jack, teams up with two professors from India to find a long-lost Indian treasure in Tibet. Along the way, Jack and his team are ambushed by a group of mercenaries led by, Randall, a billionaire who claims to be the rightful heir to the treasure. After a narrow escape from the mercenaries, Jack leads his team to locate the treasure around the world with the help of his vast knowledge of history and kung fu. Will they manage to save the treasure from Randall?

Last edited:

Gaya87

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Malaysia
What does that mean?

They travel few places like Dubai, India, so intestate of mentioning the country name I stated they go around the world.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
They travel to a few places like Dubai, and India, so [STRIKE]intestate[/STRIKE] instead of mentioning the country name, I stated they go around the world.
I know that! What I meant was did they travel around the world to hide the treasure or to try and fine it?

By the way, "intestate" means when someone dies without leaving a will. ;-)

Gaya87

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Malaysia
I know that! What I meant was did they travel around the world to hide the treasure or to try and fine it?

By the way, "intestate" means when someone dies without leaving a will. ;-)

My bad, I'm sorry for the typo error. I intend to write "instead".

Coming back to your question, they travel around the world to find the treasure.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
This looks fine to me. I have seen the movie recently - 'Kungfu Yoga'.
Thank you, Ted.

Gaya, you should always tell us the title of the film you are summarising

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
As a result, I have rewritten [STRIKE]rewrite[/STRIKE] the synopses. Please take a look and give your feedback.

Short summary
An archaeology professor, Jack, and his team are on a grand quest to locate a lost Indian treasure in Tibet when they are ambushed by a group of mercenaries led by a billionaire.

Long summary
Chinese archaeology professor, Jack, teams up with two professors from India to find a long-lost Indian treasure in Tibet. Along the way, Jack and his team are ambushed by a group of mercenaries led by, Randall, a billionaire who claims to be the rightful heir to the treasure. After a narrow escape from the mercenaries, Jack leads his team around the world to locate the treasure [STRIKE]around the world[/STRIKE] with the help of his vast knowledge of history and skills in Kung Fu. Will they manage to save the treasure from Randall?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
You do a lot of these summaries, Gaya. I can't speak for anyone else but I find it really odd that you give us the short summary before the long summary. It would make it much easier (for me, at least) to read the long summary first so that we have a good idea of what happens in the film, and then the short summary so we can see if it seems like a good shortened version.

Gaya87

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Malaysia
You do a lot of these summaries, Gaya. I can't speak for anyone else but I find it really odd that you give us the short summary before the long summary. It would make it much easier (for me, at least) to read the long summary first so that we have a good idea of what happens in the film, and then the short summary so we can see if it seems like a good shortened version.

That's a good point. Noted, I'v no problem in doing that.

Gaya87

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Malaysia
Thank you, Ted.

Gaya, you should always tell us the title of the film you are summarising

Noted. Moving forward, I'll post based on the title name.

Status
Not open for further replies.