[General] Letter regarding joining my company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohanrags694

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Kannada
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
I recently got placed in a company and was suppose to join it. Due to reasons i couldn't do so and informed my boss that i would be joining 2 months after the joining date. He readily agreed. I have to join in the next week and am happy about it. Kindly help me writing an email to my boss that i am ready to join the company.

Here is it :

Dear Sir,
I am XYZ and i got placed through ABC at your company. It has been a long time since our last meeting and I am ready and eager to join the company and work with full enthusiam. I am looking forward for you reply.

Thanking you.

XYZ

Suggest me any changes !
Thank you in advance.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I recently got placed in a company and was suppose to join it. Due to reasons i couldn't do so and informed my boss that i would be joining 2 months after the joining date. He readily agreed. I have to join in the next week and am happy about it. Kindly help me writing an email to my boss that i am ready to join the company.

You told your boss that you would be joining the company two months later(than the date they want you to start?). Then you said you have to join(?) next week? It is a bit confusing.

rohanrags694

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Kannada
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
yea...time has passed and i'm supposed to join next week now. i was suppose to join in july but i told him i'll do it in sept, and now sept is a week away. Get it ?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
[STRIKE]yea[/STRIKE] Yes, some time has passed and I'm supposed to join next week now. I was supposed to join in July but I told him I'll do it in September. [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] Now September is a week away. [STRIKE]Get it ?[/STRIKE] Do you understand?

Note my amendments to your post above, marked in red. Capitalisation is very important in written English. Always capitalise the word "I" and proper nouns, and please write all words in full.

I would write something like:

Dear Sir

In [month], you offered me a position in your company, starting in July. I was unable to start then but we agreed that I would start in September.

I look forward to joining the company on September 1st/2nd/3rd (relevant date).

Yours faithfully

[Your name]

Note that if you have already been in contact with this person, I recommend that you start the letter with their name (Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms XXX) and end the letter with "Yours sincerely".

Status
Not open for further replies.