Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Hello
I want to know the difference between these sentences-
a)I want someone for improving my English language.
b)I want someone for improve my English language.
c)I want someone to improve my English language.
d)I want someone to improving my English language.

I guess d) is incorrect. But I'm pretty confused about other three.

Last edited:

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Re: to for

a, b and d are not natural English. c is just about possible, but would be better as, "I want someone to help me improve my English".

Mannkavi

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India

a, b and d are not natural English. c is just about possible, but would be better as, "I want someone to help me improve my English".
I searched google and found out this sentences-
a)Deployed systems need support for improving reliability in order to achieve highly robust software.
b)..if you need support for improve your diet do not hesitate contact their respective owners.
c)They need support to improve their educational and economic circumstances so that they can fulfil their caregiver and provider roles.

These are random sentences. All are correct(I think) ,now how can I differentiate them?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

I searched google and found out this sentences-
a)Deployed systems need support for improving reliability in order to achieve highly robust software.
b)..if you need support for improve your diet do not hesitate contact their respective owners.
c)They need support to improve their educational and economic circumstances so that they can fulfil their caregiver and provider roles.

These are random sentences. All are correct(I think) ,now how can I differentiate them?

a) and c) are OK. b) is completely wrong (as is the rest of the sentence and is clearly not written by a native speaker).

As usual, finding an example of usage of English on Google proves nothing. You can find anything on the net. That doesn't make it right.

Mannkavi

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India

a) and c) are OK. b) is completely wrong (as is the rest of the sentence and is clearly not written by a native speaker).

As usual, finding an example of usage of English on Google proves nothing. You can find anything on the net. That doesn't make it right.
Thank you emsr2d2. I agree with you. Is there any difference between a) and c) ?
I mean, are "for improving" and "to improve" interchangeable? Please help. I'm really confused.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.