[Grammar] We have an external connection here at L14 which we can use to test your software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferdie11

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tagalog
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Philippines
Hi,

We have an external connection here at L14 which we can use to test your software. We need to pull out your laptop at your convenient time for us to do so. Please let us know when we can do this.

Can you please let me know if I used the article 'at' correctly in the first sentence above.

Many thanks.

freezeframe

Key Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Hi,

We have an external connection here at L14 which we can use to test your software. We need to pull out (pull out of where? this sounds odd) your laptop at [STRIKE] your convenient time for us to do so[/STRIKE] a time convenient for you. Please let us know when we can do this.

Can you please let me know if I used the article 'at' correctly in the first sentence above.

Many thanks.

At is not an article, it's a preposition.
I don't know what L14 is or what you're trying to say by that, so I can't help there. Please either explain it for people like me or wait for someone who knows to answer.

Last edited:

Route21

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Thailand
Hi Ferdie11

I agree with freezeframe's mark-up, with the following additional tweaks:

We have an external connection here at L14 that we can use to test your software. We will need to have access to your laptop at a time convenient to you. Please let us know when we can do this.

The middle tweak should cover freezeframe's concern and the other two are my personal preference.

Hope this helps
R21

PS - NES, but not a teacher

Status
Not open for further replies.