Would you mind helping me check out whether these three sentence are correct? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiangyueming

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Would you mind helping me check out whether these three sentence are correct? Thanks.

I appreciate it.

"Internet has provided a great platform. Students can search information on the internet more conveniently. For example, if people want to know the American history, they can just type “the American history” on Google. Results will come up within a second."

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia

I appreciate it.

"The internet has provided a great platform (for what?). Students can search information on the internet more conveniently (than what?). For example, if people want to know [STRIKE]the [/STRIKE]American history, they can just type “[STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] American history” into the Google search engine. Results will come up within a second."
I say "the internet" without a capital and with "the". I don't mind what others use, but be consistent.
Google is more than a search engine these days.

jiangyueming

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
What do you mean by "than what"?

Should I add some sentence? Or how to change it? Thanks.:)

I say "the internet" without a capital and with "the". I don't mind what others use, but be consistent.
Google is more than a search engine these days.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
What do you mean by "than what"?

Should I add some sentence? Or how to change it? Thanks.:)
"Students can search information on the internet more conveniently
"
Yes, it seems to need clarification. Your sentences don't flow well. You're making a comparison. More conveniently than what?
Here are some possibilities:
"Students can search information on the internet more conveniently than non-students can."
" ... more conveniently than with other platforms."
" ... more
conveniently than through books."
" ... more conveniently than before the internet was invented."

Status
Not open for further replies.