Please take a look at my day story and point out gramatical mistake!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack123

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Hello Folks,

I have written this story in a way like I'm resuming my conversation. So here is the story of the day.

It'll be very helpful if someone improvise and point out the grammatical mistake I did in this writing.

Regards,
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now I resume my conversation from the point where I left yesterday.so, after reading English which was my first task in the morning.
I jumped on to my 2nd task that was to study maths which is very crucial for me as I'm preparing for some Exam.

before studying maths I had to make sure that I go brick by brick and first topic I chose was " 3D geometry" as I find my self weak in that topic. so i started practicing questions of this topic from "Geometry book" and I finished the level 1 of this topic within stipulated time and level 1 comprises 60 questions. after finishing all these questions I felt happy as I knew that I have done with my home work and now I can do anything I want to , with that I thought I should watch a movie but i had tough choices regarding which movie to watch and the movies i had in my library were "Abraham lincon, American sniper, water diviner" but the Russell cowe made my choice very simple as I'm big fan of russsell crowe . so I chose Water Diviner as he directed that movie and played lead role in that movie.

Now I talk littlte something about movie , the movie was of genre : adventurous,drama,action,affection. movie was about "An australian farmer travels from Australia to turkey to trace his sons who lost in the war of gallipolli" as he promised her wife that he'll bring them back and bury them beside her grave. so, as he reached Turkey the whole story transformed from melancholy into sprawling colonial adventurous story, after making efforts he managed to find his son in turkey and they back home together. Movie was good!!
That is enough for the day I'll be back with more story tomorrow.

Cheers,

Last edited:

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
• All sentences start with capital letters. If it doesn't start with a capital, the sentence is wrong.

• Proper names (like Russell Crowe, Turkey, and movie titles) are also capitalized.

• The word I is always capitalized.

• Common nouns (like exam and geometry) are not capitalized unless they're the first word of the sentence.

• All sentences end with a period, question mark, exclamation point, or a quotation mark that comes directly after one of those punctuation marks. If it doesn't end with one of these:

?
!
."
?"
!"

...the sentence is wrong.

• Punctuation marks have no space before them and one space after them. The only exception is the quotation mark that begins a quote, like this: "Hello!"

Myself and homework are each one word.

• Always say math, never maths.

• Look up improvise.

That's a start. I hope it helps!

jack123

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
• All sentences start with capital letters. If it doesn't start with a capital, the sentence is wrong.

• Proper names (like Russell Crowe, Turkey, and movie titles) are also capitalized.

• The word I is always capitalized.

• Common nouns (like exam and geometry) are not capitalized unless they're the first word of the sentence.

• All sentences end with a period, question mark, exclamation point, or a quotation mark that comes directly after one of those punctuation marks. If it doesn't end with one of these:

?
!
."
?"
!"

...the sentence is wrong.

• Punctuation marks have no space before them and one space after them. The only exception is the quotation mark that begins a quote, like this: "Hello!"

Myself and homework are each one word.

• Always say math, never maths.

• Look up improvise.

That's a start. I hope it helps!

Hi Charlie,

I appreciate that you took a look at my day story and point out errors in it and yeah That helps me and keep motivated to write more.
and yes I used the wrong word there"Improvise" rather I should used "improve" , right.?

Thanks & Regards,

Mrfatso

Member Type
Other
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Great Britain
Current Location
Great Britain
Not A Teacher

In BrE we say maths rather than math, so both could be used and maths might be more common in English taught in India due to the countrys history of colonial occupation.

Last edited:

jack123

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Not A Teacher

In BrE we say maths rather than math, so both could be used and maths might be more common in English taught in India due to the countrys history of colonial occupation.

Thanks Mrfatso :) so we can use any of them "maths" and "math".

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
We also use "maths" in Australia.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Not A Teacher

Oh! I wondered why so many students use it. Thanks for telling me.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi Charlie,

I appreciate that you took a look at my day story and point out errors in it and yeah That helps me and keep motivated to write more.
and yes I used the wrong word there"Improvise" rather I should used "improve" , right.?

Thanks & Regards,

Right!

I didn't try to edit the whole thing - only to point out a few things that jumped out at me.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Jack123, please note the following:

- There is no need to write a new post to say "Thank you". Simply click on the "Thank" button in the bottom left-hand corner of any post you find helpful.
- End every sentence with a single, appropriate punctuation mark, even a sentence as short as "Thanks".
- Don't try to make your own emoticons. Click on the :) button and choose the one you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.