Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
I want to improve my writing ability, please help me edit this paragraph.
Subject :'' my experience of learning english''

I have studied English for seven years. Although my English isn't so good, through that period, I have some tips to show you.English has four skills, which you must master if you want to learn English well. They are listening, speaking, reading, and writing.through my own exoerience, for reading and writing, I think we should master grammar rules and read English books. We had better choose the books which suitable to our level. You also learn how authors write in the books which you read and practice yourself to improve your writing skill. As to improving our speaking and listening abilities of English, we should carry out intensive practice by listening English postcards, the news, ...etc on radio or TV. Choosing the level from basic to advanced as long as it make you comfortable. A good way for you to speak rightly and fluently is imitating the native speaker's voice as frequently as possible. It's also good for you to join in a English-club to have a English environment. Above all, the learning of any languages requires great effort and patience. At any rate, my mostt effective experience when learning English is practice, practice and practice.

Please help me point out the mistakes about grammar, how to use word rightly and give me some remark about this,thanks in advance.

htkndc

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Remember that none of us is here all the time. Please be patient.

I want to improve my writing ability. Please help me edit this paragraph.
Subject :''My experience of learning English''

I have studied English for seven years. Although my English isn't so ["So" is okay but informal. Less casual would be "very."] good, [STRIKE]through that period,[/STRIKE] [You're not showing us tips through that period. You're showing us tips now.] I have some tips to show you. [Space,] English has four skills, which you must master if you want to learn English well. They are listening, speaking, reading, and writing. [Space and capital!] Based on my own experience, for reading and writing, I think we should master grammar rules and read English books. We should choose the books which are suitable to our level. You also learn how authors write in the books which you read and practice yourself to improve your writing skill. As to improving our speaking and listening abilities of English, we should practice intensively by reading English postcards and listening to the news [STRIKE], ....etc[/STRIKE] on radio or TV, choosing the level from basic to advanced, whatever makes you comfortable. A good way for you to speak correctly and fluently is imitating the native speaker's voice as frequently as possible. It's also good for you to join in a English club to have an English environment. Above all, learning any language requires great effort and patience. At any rate, my most effective experience when learning English is practice, practice and practice.

Please help me. Point out the mistakes in grammar and how to use words correctly and give me some remarks about this. Thanks. [It's obviously in advance!]

You do very well for just seven years of study!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.