He used to take bus from outside of the colony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
"We used to walk to the bus stop and he used to take bus from the outside of our colony."

"He used to walk his girl friend to her house."

Please check.

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The second sentence is perfect.

The first one needs either a definite or an indefinite article before bus both times the word appears. The definite article is more common when referring to modes of surface transportation: I like to take the bus when I'm in London. I took the ferry across the river. I took the train to Cambridge. For some reason, we don't usually use the definite article when talking about flying: ​I went to Chicago by plane. I took a plane to Chicago.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
The second sentence is perfect.

The first one needs either a definite or an indefinite article before bus both times the word appears. The definite article is more common when referring to modes of surface transportation: I like to take the bus when I'm in London. I took the ferry across the river. I took the train to Cambridge. For some reason, we don't usually use the definite article when talking about flying: ​I went to Chicago by plane. I took a plane to Chicago.

"We used to walk to the bus stop and he used to take the bus from the outside of our colony."

Is this correct now?

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
"We used to walk to the bus stop and he used to take the bus from the outside of our colony."

Is this correct now?

It's a run-on sentence as written, and you've changed the subject from we to he along the way. You can replace and with a period to make two sentences. A shorter way to say the same thing (with the subject "we") is We used to walk to the bus stop and take the bus from the outside of our colony.

Status
Not open for further replies.