Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Malaysia
"Hi, farah, did you know 2 week ago i said "i want to tell you something" and i didn't tell you and last week also i said again "i want to tell you something" but i didn't but now i decided tell you."

"Did you know when we had a conversation everyday especially when we chat from 10pm-1am my friends always text me on that time but i didn't reply their text while i was texting u. I never makes my "WhatsApp" status offline because you're in my priority list, I gave you so much importance but i shouldn't just because of you i lose 2 of my friends but it's my fault too because i put you in my priority list. Thanks for everything farah. Bye"

Can anyone to help me edit this ? thank you :)

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
"Hi, farah, did you know 2 week ago i said "i want to tell you something" and i didn't tell you..and last week also i said again "i want to tell you something" but i didn't..but now i decided tell you.."

"Did you know when we had a conversation everyday especially when we chat from 10pm-1am..my friends always text me on that time but i didn't reply their text while i was texting u..i never makes my "WhatsApp" status offline because you're in my priority list..I gave you so much importance but i shouldn't..just because of you i lose 2 of my friends..but it's my fault too..because i put you in my priority list. Thanks for everything farah. Bye"

Is my sentence correct? Please help thank you in advance :)

Which single sentence are you referring to?

Please note that we don't connect sentences with strings of dots as you have done.

arrish4

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Malaysia
Which single sentence are you referring to?

Please note that we don't connect sentences with strings of dots as you have done.

I just re-edit my post! Just to Correct some mistakes. Can you help me to edit this. Thank you

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
1. You need to separate these into multiple sentences.
2. You need to capitalize her name.
3. You need to capitalize the pronoun "I"
4. Ask "Do you remember" not "Did you know" and end that sentence with a question mark.
5. Now I've decided (not "i decided")
6. There is no word "u." The word is "you."
7. I've lost (not "i lose")
8. What are they entire things in quotation marks?

You have some nerve saying it's her fault in any way. YOU chose to ignore your friends - she didn't make you. It's not "your fault too" - it's YOUR fault.

Make those corrections in a new post below and then we will look again.

arrish4

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Malaysia
Hi, Farah, did you know 2 week ago I said "I want to tell you something" and I didn't tell you..and last week also I said again "I want to tell you something" but I didn't..but now I've decided tell you..

Do you remember? When we had a conversation everyday especially when we chat from 10pm-1am my friends always text me but I didn't reply their text while I was texting you I never makes my "WhatsApp" status offline because you're in my priority list. I gave you so much importance but I shouldn't just because of you I've lost 2 of my friends but it's MY fault because I put you in my priority list. Thanks for everything Farah. Bye.

Re-edit. Please help me to edit this. Thanks

Last edited:

arrish4

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Malaysia
1. You need to separate these into multiple sentences.
2. You need to capitalize her name.
3. You need to capitalize the pronoun "I"
4. Ask "Do you remember" not "Did you know" and end that sentence with a question mark.
5. Now I've decided (not "i decided")
6. There is no word "u." The word is "you."
7. I've lost (not "i lose")
8. What are they entire things in quotation marks?

You have some nerve saying it's her fault in any way. YOU chose to ignore your friends - she didn't make you. It's not "your fault too" - it's YOUR fault.

Make those corrections in a new post below and then we will look again.

Done!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
When Barb said you need to capitalise the name, she was referring only to the first letter. It should be "Farah".

arrish4

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Malaysia
When Barb said you need to capitalise the name, she was referring only to the first letter. It should be "Farah".

Ok. Done. Is my words ok?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

Hi Farah! Do you remember that two weeks ago I said I wanted to tell you something, but I didn't tell you?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
[STRIKE]Ok[/STRIKE] OK. Done. [STRIKE]Is[/STRIKE] Are my words [STRIKE]ok[/STRIKE] OK?

1. You used "words" so you need the third person plural verb "Are".
2. We write either "OK" or "okay" but never "ok" or "Ok".

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

And do you remember that last week again I said, "I want to tell you something" but I didn't tell you?

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

Now I've decided to tell you.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi, Farah, [STRIKE]did you know[/STRIKE] do you remember that [STRIKE]2[/STRIKE] two weeks ago I said "I want to tell you something" and then I didn't tell you? [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] Last week, [STRIKE]also[/STRIKE] I said again "I want to tell you something" but I didn't tell you. [STRIKE]but[/STRIKE] Well, now I've decided tell you.

Do you remember? When we had a conversation [STRIKE]everyday[/STRIKE] every day, especially when we chatted from 10pm-1am, my friends [STRIKE]always[/STRIKE] frequently texted me but I didn't reply to their texts while I was texting you. I [STRIKE]never[/STRIKE] didn't [STRIKE]makes[/STRIKE] make my "WhatsApp" status "offline" because you're in my priority list. I [STRIKE]gave[/STRIKE] made/considered you [STRIKE]so much[/STRIKE] very [STRIKE]importance[/STRIKE] important but I shouldn't have. [STRIKE]just[/STRIKE] Because of you, I've lost [STRIKE]2[/STRIKE] two of my friends but it's MY fault because I put you in my priority list. Thanks for everything, Farah. Bye.

[STRIKE]Re-edit.[/STRIKE] Please help me to edit this. Thanks.

See above for my corrections. I assume you don't want to remain friends with Farah.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Say:

We used to text each other every day from 10PM to 1AM.

arrish4

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Malaysia
Thank you so much for your corporate everyone. Appreciate it :)

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Thank you so much for your [STRIKE]corporate[/STRIKE] help everyone. I appreciate it :)

I don't think it is appropriate to use "cooperation".

You should have used the "thank" button instead of posting again.

Status
Not open for further replies.