Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Hello,

I'm trying to translate the title of my novel's first chapter to English but I can't find the correct translation. I named it originally as "Love Tale". The female character stupidly in love with the male character but he doesn't so much in love with her and he is a cheater. So, it's not a real love story, it's only a "tale". When I call it "Love Story", this name doesn't correspond to my original title. When I call it "A Tale of Love" and searched google for it, I see that it means a more intimate thing. When I call it "The Love's Tale" just like "The Winter's Tale" and searched it, there is no result. So, I would like to ask you about it. Can I call it "The Love's Tale"? Is it a correct using and can be a natural title in English?

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Hello,

I'm trying to translate the title of my novel's first chapter to English but I can't find the correct translation. I named it originally as "Love Tale". The female character stupidly in love with the male character but he doesn't so much in love with her and he is a cheater. So, it's not a real love story, it's only a "tale". When I call it "Love Story", this name doesn't correspond to my original title. When I call it "A Tale of Love" and searched google for it, I see that it means a more intimate thing. When I call it "The Love's Tale" just like "The Winter's Tale" and searched it, there is no result. So, I would like to ask you about it. Can I call it "The Love's Tale"? Is it a correct using and can be a natural title in English?

No, it's not natural I'm afraid.

Tinkerbell

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
What else can I call it similar to that one?

Status
Not open for further replies.