Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
1) "When she comes, I'm sure that she's going to say,if they will have finished this work by the end of the week."

OR

2)"When she comes, I'm sure that she's going to say, if they get it over and done with/finish this work by the end of the week."

OR

3)"When she comes, I'm sure that she's going to say, if they will get it over and done with/finish this work by the end of the week."

ostap77

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
1) "When she comes, I'm sure that she's going to say,if they will have finished this work by the end of the week."

OR

2)"When she comes, I'm sure that she's going to say, if they get it over and done with/finish this work by the end of the week."

OR

3)"When she comes, I'm sure that she's going to say, if they will get it over and done with/finish this work by the end of the week."

Could you please give me a comment on this one?

susiedqq

Key Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
How about:

When she arrives, I'm sure she's going to tell us if they will get this job over and done with by the end of the week.

ostap77

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
How about:

When she arrives, I'm sure she's going to tell us if they will get this job over and done with by the end of the week.

Sorry about the first part of the sentence and pratly about the second one. The " will have finished'' thing seemed kind of complicated to use in conversation. Do you know if the tense forms in sentences 2 and 3 can be used? Your example fit fine.

e2e4

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Serbo-Croatian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Bosnia Herzegovina
I'd say the sentence this way below?

When she arrives I'm sure she's going to tell us will they've gotten this job over and done with by the end of the week.

Is this all right?

Thanks

ostap77

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
I'd say the sentence this way below?

When she arrives I'm sure she's going to tell us will they've gotten this job over and done with by the end of the week.

Is this all right?

Thanks
Do you know if the tense forms in sentences 2 and 3 can be used? Your example fit fine.

ostap77

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Do you know if the tense forms in sentences 2 and 3 can be used? Your example fit fine.
What about the teacing staff?

e2e4

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Serbo-Croatian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Bosnia Herzegovina
/A learner/

I think that they don't match.

I've tried to say the sentence by way of not using the future perfect tense but got something which I am not sure about.
(When she arrives I am sure she is going to tell us whether they would/could completely finish this job till the end of the week.:roll:)

Let us wait for the teachers to explain this matter.

In addition I'd like to tell you that I think I've found some mistakes in the quoted.

Do you know whether the tenses in the sentences either 2 or 3 can/could be used or not? Your example fits fine.

ostap77

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
/A learner/

I think that they don't match.

I've tried to say the sentence by way of not using the future perfect tense but got something which I am not sure about.
(When she arrives I am sure she is going to tell us whether they would/could completely finish this job till the end of the week.:roll:)

Let us wait for the teachers to explain this matter.

In addition I'd like to tell you that I think I've found some mistakes in the quoted.

Do you know whether the tenses in the sentences either 2 or 3 can/could be used or not? Your example fits fine.

I put it to the teachers!!!!!

susiedqq

Key Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
2)"When she comes, I'm sure that she's going to say if they can get it over and done with and finish this work by the end of the week."

3)"When she comes, I'm sure that she's going to say if they will get it over and done with and finish this work by the end of the week."

PS I am not a teacher.

ostap77

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
2)"When she comes, I'm sure that she's going to say if they can get it over and done with and finish this work by the end of the week."

3)"When she comes, I'm sure that she's going to say if they will get it over and done with and finish this work by the end of the week."

PS I am not a teacher.

Does that mean If you heard these two in speach, not when compling an official report, they would sound natural to you? Withoud usin the Future Perfect thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.