Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Dear Raja

I hope all is ok in Dubai. I heard that you are coming to India on a vacation. Please send me your schedule or itenary. I want to make a gaint get- together party I am planing to invite all of our friends. I am on touch all of them via e mail telephone calls but I had not met most of them personally. If you come here it would possible they want to meet you.

The rest is fine see you on coming Sunday.Please remeber dont call Taneer to pick you up at the airport. You have to call me or send an email about your arrival I will come at the airport to pick you up.

Please correct where necessary

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Dear Raja

I hope all is OK in Dubai. I heard that you are coming to India on a vacation. Please send me your schedule or itinerary. I want to [STRIKE]make[/STRIKE] hold/organise a giant get-together. [STRIKE]party[/STRIKE] I am planning to invite all of our friends. I am [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] in touch with all of them via email and telephone, [STRIKE]calls[/STRIKE] but I have not met most of them personally. If you come here, it's [STRIKE]would[/STRIKE] possible they will want to meet you.

[STRIKE]The rest[/STRIKE] Everything else is fine. See you [STRIKE]on coming [/STRIKE] next Sunday.

Please remember - don't call Taneer to pick you up at the airport. You have to call me or send me an email about your arrival time and I will come [STRIKE]at[/STRIKE] to the airport to pick you up.

Please correct where necessary.

See above.

I am confused about one thing - you say "I am in touch with all of our friends" but then say "I have not met them personally". How can they be your friends if you have never met them? Do you mean that you haven't met up with them recently?

meela

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
I am keep in touch with them via e-mail and telephone and I have not met them personally since a long time. Because they live in different cities. By the way thanks for your assisance.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I [STRIKE]am[/STRIKE] keep in touch with them via e-mail and telephone [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] but I have not met them personally [STRIKE]since[/STRIKE] for a long time because they live in different cities. By the way, thanks for your assisance.

The way you had written it, it appears that you have never met them personally. You should say that you have not met them for a long time.

meela

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Thanks so nice of you.:-D

euncu

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
***Neither a teacher nor a native-speaker***

...I have not met them personally since a long time.

To make it right you should use "seen" instead of "met". If you have never met them, you don't know them. Thus, the sentence becomes;

I have not seen them in person since a long time.
or better;

It's been a long time since I have had the chance to see my friends in person.

meela

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Dear teacher,

I keep in touch with them.
I am in touch with them.

Are the above sentences are correct or not ? Please tell me why

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
***Neither a teacher nor a native-speaker***

To make it right you should use "seen" instead of "met". If you have never met them, you don't know them. Thus, the sentence becomes;

I have not seen them in person [STRIKE]since[/STRIKE] for a long time.
or better;

It's been a long time since I have had the chance to see my friends in person.

I agree that "seen" is an improvement on "met". I would also suggest "I have not met up with them for a long time".

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Dear teacher,

I keep in touch with them.
I am in touch with them.

Are the above sentences are correct or not ? Please tell me why

We usually use "I am in touch with them" on its own, but "I keep in touch with them" followed by the method of communication.

I keep in touch with them by phone and email.

meela

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Dear Zam
Taj has requested me to financial help for his daughter's marriage. I know, I am broken has to pay a hug liabilities of commercial banks. I am not in the possition to lend him anything.

I requested you to kindly arrange to send him a reasonable amount for his daughter. The marriage will be held in the second week of September,.

I am looking for your positive reply.

Does the above context is made any sense????

Status
Not open for further replies.