[Essay] Motivation letter for an exchange programm ( CRUCIAL TO ME)

Status
Not open for further replies.

O E K

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Dear viewrs,
help me please to moderate my text, that is so important to me! That is my the one chance! THank you in advance!

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am Marium (Surname), I am a student of Law faculty in Sant Petersburg at the university of nations. With this letter I would like to express my strong interest for participation at the Student Exchange Program and realize my dream of participating in an international project to build a successful international career. I will describe the reasons for my career goal, define some of my skills and abilities, and explain why this program is crucial for my professional aspirations.

Firstly, my choice of a place to study was determined by several conditions. The faculty gives us equal opportunities to make a choice in the educational program with no regard to nationality or social inequality. Students can study in English and have internships in leading companies just from the 1st year of education.

Secondly, my career goal is related to my life principles and pursues the idea of building a harmonious life. Having passed several career guidance tests and analyzed my preferences, strengths, and weaknesses, I have realized that I want to devote my life to the international law practice.
Justice, human rights, and freedoms are not just words to me. I have overcome social inequality when I was unaccepted to a school because of my belonging to a national minority. I am from a Muslim family and, unfortunately, not all Muslim girls can get an education. And as it has become affordable to me, I want to give them that right too.

My goal is to become a lawyer for an international company focused on family law, who speaks several languages and can protect women's rights and freedoms. I am currently working on several projects at the University on intercultural and individual self-realization topics.

To achieve this goal, I am going to attain a bachelor's and a master's degree in law. I am convinced that the exchange program will help me differentiate several cultures immersing in them, identify the risks and opportunities in this field, and give me a solid start in my career goal direction.
My experience as a customer service manager who had to deal with foreign clients and as a clerk's assistant has taught me to effectively communicate with people, resolve their problems and gain the ability to support my arguments with compelling reasons and correct documentation. Working with people has broadened my communication talent and I learnt how to handle different characters in short time.

Perseverance, patience, and initiative contributed to my excellent results in various Olympiads in English and law. Being the captain of a school's volleyball team helped me gain sport awards.

My leadership skill encourages me to remain an effective mayor at school and university. I have systemized the database of my university group and downsized twice the cases of deadline violations. Various tasks enabled me to develop strong organization skills and to become responsible person, who is considering the needs of others.

As a result, I have earned the respect from teachers and fellows at school and University. And I consider these achievements as my greatest reward. I believe that my working experience in combination with my studies will make my candidateship for the program possible.

Being realistic, I see much to work on myself, I need to overcome doubts, attain confidence for long-term sustainable self-development, and become a professional in law. I also appreciate the opportunity to get information about American culture and mentality, make new friends, obtain knowledge from world experts, and learn how to apply it in practice.

Improving the language is also my priority, let me recall here the words from a well-known politician Nelson Mandela which have inspired me: "If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart". And it is particularly important to me to appeal to people's hearts.

The program attracts me because of the opportunity to make a great start in my career, achieve something worthwhile, and become valuable to people as an international professional. I hope not only to comprehend old and contemporary features of different cultures but to actively participate in academic life and share my knowledge with others. To find a practical application of this knowledge is crucial to me according to my life principle, which states that everything in life should be interconnected.

I believe that your program will benefit a lot from my presence, and it will enhance my future career. I will do my best to adjust to your requirements.
Thank you for this opportunity and for considering my application.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully,

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Before we try to help you, please edit your post and add an empty line between each paragraph. The big unbroken block of text you have presented is almost impossible to read.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
What's the submission deadline, and were you given any guidelines regarding the word count or which areas to cover?

O E K

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Only to be shorter than 500 words in total and show my interest.))

O E K

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Thank you, but I culdn't find this option of editing...

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
What's the submission deadline?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I was told only that it is to be shorter than 500 words in total and that I must show my interest.

[STRIKE]))[/STRIKE] Don't try to make your own emoticons. If you really need one, click on the :) button in the toolbar and choose one.

Thank you, but I couldn't find [STRIKE]this[/STRIKE] the Edit option. [STRIKE]of editing...[/STRIKE]

Please note my corrections (in red) and comments (in blue) above. Remember to write in full sentences.

You can edit a post for 24 hours after you post it. Unfortunately, you missed that deadline. It's a good idea to check your threads a couple of times a day to see if there are responses. I have added paragraph breaks in post #1 for you this time. I hope you can see that it is much easier to read than your original.

Status
Not open for further replies.