English Teacher
Native Language
French
Home Country
France
Current Location
Japan
Hello,

I have an interview soon to become an English teacher. It will be a teaching trial to kids about 7 years old.
But they want me to teach feelings and things like knock at the door, open the door, close the door. they gave me 2 pages from a book.
I have to teach these words but for 40 mins. I don't know how can I teach for 40 mins. I could do, greetings, phonics, words introduction, 1 or 2 game but I think that it will be done in less than that time.
So, I would need some advices in how to make the lesson last longer with only a few words to teach.

Thanks!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
First, you need "advice", not "advices". It's uncountable in English.

How many children will you be teaching? I think you'll find that 40 minutes goes past amazingly fast. Have you got any experience at all of teaching? Do you have a sample lesson plan yet?

Mira J

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Jordan
Current Location
Jordan
try role plays, ask children to knock open and close the door

Hello,

I have an interview soon to become an English teacher. It will be a teaching trial to kids about 7 years old.
But they want me to teach feelings and things like knock at the door, open the door, close the door. they gave me 2 pages from a book.
I have to teach these words but for 40 mins. I don't know how can I teach for 40 mins. I could do, greetings, phonics, words introduction, 1 or 2 game but I think that it will be done in less than that time.
So, I would need some advices in how to make the lesson last longer with only a few words to teach.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.